Skip navigation

Scottish Mk1 meet.

Back to the top

Scottish Mk1 meet.

The Actually meeting time is still to be arranged. and I have yet to confirm a few other bits and bobs.

Glad you lot are looking forward to the run..

Darth. If you need a hand getting the golf done p.m. me and I'll easy lend you a hand and a box o spanners.

******** Anyone needs a hand give me a shout more the merrier******

get the bigger hammer. it always makes things better…..
Highland Regional host

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

This has started from nothing and looks to be one awesome meet… pitty I live 5 hours away or I'd love to be part of the biggest meet in Scotland this site has ever seen…. congrats to everyone joining this!!!! You lot better give us plenty of pics :lol: :lol: :lol:
 come on spud, its 5 hr drive for me to get to abdn!

89 Clipper cabrio
06 GTi

Back to the top

dundeedubber said

if there is alot coming from the glasgow area yous could meet up with the dundee guys in blairgowrie, thats the biggest town before u start going up into the hill basically, just a thought :D

Im 20 mins from blairgowrie so I could meet there

Back to the top

dundeedubber said

concunningham said

What time/place should we meet at in Glenshee? I don't think I've been before. D'oh
if there is alot coming from the glasgow area yous could meet up with the dundee guys in blairgowrie, thats the biggest town before u start going up into the hill basically, just a thought :D
 am thinking i would b better going down to blairgowrie and meeting up wi t dundee squad. Quicker to there fae inverness than to go to abdn first.

89 Clipper cabrio
06 GTi

Back to the top
PLEASE P.M. ME SO I CAN KEEP THIS PAGE UPDATED.  

ABERDEEN
1. BPIRIE
2. darth (SUBJECT TO RESTO)

DUNDEE
1.dundeedubber
2. Gav(not registered but fello mk1 'er)

BLAIRGOWRIE
1.golfchick867
2. ross_m

ELGIN
1.g83

Highland Regional host

Back to the top
If my caddys no running rite( having trouble coming down the gears its a nitemare) i will still be there in my mk3 as i said before it would be a great chance to meet new people and put faces to the names on here . 8)  :D

Mk 1 GTi F reg Blue           

Mk1 Cabby E reg silver       

Mk1 caddy F reg red

Mk2 Driver 1.6 H reg white

mk2 Golf 8v G reg white

mk2 Golf 16v H reg red

Mk 2 Golf 16v H reg Green

Mk3 Golf van TD M reg red

Mk3 Golf GTi N reg Green

Back to the top

golfchick867 said

Hmmmm…. It really is tempting I tell ya!!   :wink: Doubt my car would be ready by then though!!  Even so I visit Glasgow to see my cousins twice a year so I know just how much the rain and salt on the roads could affect my new full on bare shell restore lol  :wink:

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

golfchick867 said

Hmmmm…. It really is tempting I tell ya!! :wink: Doubt my car would be ready by then though!! Even so I visit Glasgow to see my cousins twice a year so I know just how much the rain and salt on the roads could affect my new full on bare shell restore lol :wink:
8O  get her wrapped in clingfilm lol!

89 Clipper cabrio
06 GTi

Back to the top
aargh,

im taking my Mk1 off the road at the end of January and it'll need to be taxed / insured again in March if I want to attend, hmmm????

Back to the top

Highland Regional host

Back to the top
i heard one of the main roads to glenshee north bounds shut,is this the case

also have you any experience of the roads personally is the route A or B roads and whats the state of the roads?

just asking as one of my mates that wants to come runs an exceptionally low bora on 17" RS's and mines aint all roads friendly either but im good at hole/road kill dodging :wink:

Back to the top
i'm going to do a recky couple weeks before to look for Problem area's and places to Re Group.

I have to state
"IT IS NOT A RACE AND FRONT RUNNERS WILL NOT BE OVERTAKEN AND THEY WILL CONTROL TE SPEED."

The roads are sometimes closed But it is still a month away plenty time for the thaw………

Highland Regional host

Back to the top
i said that to the missus the other day that i fancyed a run up the glen to check the road as its about an hours drive from me

Mk 1 GTi F reg Blue           

Mk1 Cabby E reg silver       

Mk1 caddy F reg red

mk2 Golf 8v G reg white

mk2 Golf 16v H reg red

Mk3 Golf GTi N reg Green

Back to the top

bpirie1000 said

i'm going to do a recky couple weeks before to look for Problem area's and places to Re Group. I have to state "IT IS NOT A RACE AND FRONT RUNNERS WILL NOT BE OVERTAKEN AND THEY WILL CONTROL TE SPEED." The roads are sometimes closed But it is still a month away plenty time for the thaw………
:wink: am glad u mention its not gonna be a race. Am no keen on going if its gonna be all that macho cr P ! I am sure there r other times and places for that carry on. Sorry to b a party pooper guys.

89 Clipper cabrio
06 GTi

Back to the top
lol my caddy has a 4 speed box i wouldn't be racing anybody lol

Mk 1 GTi F reg Blue           

Mk1 Cabby E reg silver       

Mk1 caddy F reg red

mk2 Golf 8v G reg white

mk2 Golf 16v H reg red

Mk3 Golf GTi N reg Green

Back to the top
Would like to have got to this, as I haven't made it to one yet, but my cars not getting taxed until april - may. Hopefully we'll get a meet in the summertime that I'll get to.

Back to the top
Alright folks

am intersted, am located in livingston. My golfs in a shambles though am trying to pull it togher am waiting to pick up a set of wheels fae a mate tonight! but its gonna be a tough 1 gotta get mot, tax, and a paint job before then.

The List

Mot - 25th - hopefull pass or al be pug man (daiy driver)
Tax - after mot lol be a quick 1
Paint - gonna be tough nearly ready to paint the outside! (door jams etcs a different story)

keep me posted though
 :)

1.3 Driver - 1.8t in progress
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=56551

Daily driver : e36 325 tdi se / slammed on konis and bbs rco401's
Daily offroader : discovery 1 6" lift monster :D

Back to the top
wil do.. if there are any parts your stuck with or need motivation Get on here and we'll sort that out.
Even if you end up in a Pug come along all welcome.

Highland Regional host

Back to the top
Hi again  :wink:

what date are yous aiming for 29/03/09?

I've been out at the car last few days doing some odds n sods for the mot. My brothers started painting the door jams etc. I snapped all four studs from the manifold to downpipe!  :banghead: the egr snapped off at somepoint and required re-connecting.

Bought new wheel cylinders today and brake fluid.

Gonna have a look on fleabay for a new manifold perhaps a polo gt item!

1.3 Driver - 1.8t in progress
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=56551

Daily driver : e36 325 tdi se / slammed on konis and bbs rco401's
Daily offroader : discovery 1 6" lift monster :D

Back to the top
went to the megameet at knockhill yesterday was good meet only saw 3 mk1s mine not ready yet gutted  8O
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.