Skip navigation

Scottish Mk1 meet.

Back to the top

Scottish Mk1 meet.

I am from Aberdeen, if i am home from offshore i will try and make this. :dance:

Back to the top
Right folks. Here is the plan so far…….

Date has been confirmed for my first run V.W. run of the year and of many I hope, the Mad March Mini freeze.

The run will take place on Sunday 29th March

route to be decided, Couple of different meeting points with one central Destination….. it'll be a bit chilly and gives you a wee target to get the Dub back on the road for!

might even get some sledging done…….

IF YOUR INTERESTED POST ON HERE IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY
I'll P.M. You with more details. Cheers.

get the bigger hammer. it always makes things better…..
Highland Regional host

Back to the top
Yipee I am off shift! Better get my finger out and get this roof repaired!

89 Clipper cabrio
06 GTi

Back to the top
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it  :banghead:  :banghead:

Will be flying back from Amsterdam that day…
hopefully celebrating a wee scottish win against the dutch  :pray:  - not

hope to make it next time tho, sounds like a great idea. Hope it all goes well & plenty folk turn up. Well done for organising it  :y:

Remeber the pics !!

Back to the top
I'll be up for that. I'm Mk1less just now (I'll need to change that autosig!!) but would be up for the meet anyway.

Sounds like a good hang-over cure for after the Scotland game the day before. :banghead:

1983 Schwartz Black Mk1 Golf GTI Campaign

2001 Golf TDI S Estate

2004 330i M Sport Convertible

Edinburgh, Scotland

Back to the top
hi i think i will come along just take few days holiday im in glasgow just need to find out where abouts the meet is not good with places lol anyway al look out for the updates cant wait see everyone there :D

Back to the top
I'm up for it.
I better renew my AA membership though.

Back to the top
we've got a couple mk1's in our local club(central scotland vaggers)so ill fire a link up there to here to try and give the event some coverage :D

should be a good laugh. Ill fire in some holidays for that weekend just in case my work clashes :D

Back to the top

concunningham said

I'm up for it. I better renew my AA membership though.
 was thnking i had better do the AA thng too! Be good if everyone can make it, theres a lot of interest so far.

89 Clipper cabrio
06 GTi

Back to the top
alrite guys think i could get a couple o caddy boys up to this to if that ok. could be a good day out, we have a meet in dundee at the end o this month so i will tell some o the other guys that turn up.

cheers billy

Mk 1 GTi F reg Blue           

Mk1 Cabby E reg silver       

Mk1 caddy F reg red

Mk2 Driver 1.6 H reg white

mk2 Golf 8v G reg white

mk2 Golf 16v H reg red

Mk 2 Golf 16v H reg Green

Mk3 Golf van TD M reg red

Mk3 Golf GTi N reg Green

Back to the top
CRACKING .THINGS SEAM TO BE COMMING TOGETHER NOW.
SO HERE IS THE PLAN SO FAR.

Spoken with some other classic car clubs. (i.e. Mini Owners.)and they will also be attending. Retro day out.

ABERDEEN MEET/LEAVING: Meeting place will be Shephards Rest( PUB), westhill, Aberdeen.

DUNDEE MEET/ LEAVING: Proposed to meet at the McDonalds/ Icerink car park. ( yet to be confirmed./ Also need someone to take charge for dundee meet so no one gets left behind…. ANYONE…..)

PLan will be to meet at Glenshee….. then photo snaps Coffee/ Hot choc. Bleather. Then back via Aberdeen. Not done mileage or route Recky yet. but will let you know when done.

Should be a laugh.

BUT REMEMBER: show your interest by posting on here and you'll be kept up to date………..

cheers for now.

get the bigger hammer. it always makes things better…..
Highland Regional host

Back to the top
what time do you plan to meet at glenshee?cant work out a time to leave falkirk till then  :D

Back to the top

bpirie1000 said

CRACKING .THINGS SEAM TO BE COMMING TOGETHER NOW.
SO HERE IS THE PLAN SO FAR.

Spoken with some other classic car clubs. (i.e. Mini Owners.)and they will also be attending. Retro day out.

ABERDEEN MEET/LEAVING: Meeting place will be Shephards Rest( PUB), westhill, Aberdeen.

DUNDEE MEET/ LEAVING: Proposed to meet at the McDonalds/ Icerink car park. ( yet to be confirmed./ Also need someone to take charge for dundee meet so no one gets left behind…. ANYONE…..)

PLan will be to meet at Glenshee….. then photo snaps Coffee/ Hot choc. Bleather. Then back via Aberdeen. Not done mileage or route Recky yet. but will let you know when done.

Should be a laugh.

BUT REMEMBER: show your interest by posting on here and you'll be kept up to date………..

cheers for now.

alrite guys im from dundee i can sort something out here was talking to a m8 who has a caddy hes up for it to ???

Mk 1 GTi F reg Blue           

Mk1 Cabby E reg silver       

Mk1 caddy F reg red

mk2 Golf 8v G reg white

mk2 Golf 16v H reg red

Mk3 Golf GTi N reg Green

Back to the top
me and a few m8s done this route years ago in the winter and it was a beast o a drive like . :D  but worth it wot a view driving up to glenshee

Mk 1 GTi F reg Blue           

Mk1 Cabby E reg silver       

Mk1 caddy F reg red

mk2 Golf 8v G reg white

mk2 Golf 16v H reg red

Mk3 Golf GTi N reg Green

Back to the top
Right guys ive had a look at driving to glenshee from dundee

38 mile ? about 1 hour 10 mins roughly, basically a straight road lol nah great road to drive up.

McDonalds /ice rink would be a good place to meet in dundee its just off the kingsway and its a straight road from there to blairgowrie and then on to glenshee.  :D

Mk 1 GTi F reg Blue           

Mk1 Cabby E reg silver       

Mk1 caddy F reg red

mk2 Golf 8v G reg white

mk2 Golf 16v H reg red

Mk3 Golf GTi N reg Green

Back to the top
This has started from nothing and looks to be one awesome meet… pitty I live 5 hours away or I'd love to be part of the biggest meet in Scotland this site has ever seen…. congrats to everyone joining this!!!!  You lot better give us plenty of pics  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
Hmmmm…can i have my new roof, headlight, wing, indicators, gear linkages fitted before this happens??? Don't want be embarrassed when i look at the pics!

Back to the top
Tell me about it the way my caddys running the now i mite have to take the mk3 gti cos em no missing this the chance to see alot o good looking cars and meet new people. :notworthy:

Mk 1 GTi F reg Blue           

Mk1 Cabby E reg silver       

Mk1 caddy F reg red

mk2 Golf 8v G reg white

mk2 Golf 16v H reg red

Mk3 Golf GTi N reg Green

Back to the top
What time/place should we meet at in Glenshee?
I don't think I've been before. D'oh

Back to the top

concunningham said

What time/place should we meet at in Glenshee?
I don't think I've been before. D'oh

if there is alot coming from the glasgow area yous could meet up with the dundee guys in blairgowrie, thats the biggest town before u start going up into the hill basically, just a thought :D

Mk 1 GTi F reg Blue           

Mk1 Cabby E reg silver       

Mk1 caddy F reg red

mk2 Golf 8v G reg white

mk2 Golf 16v H reg red

Mk3 Golf GTi N reg Green

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.