Skip navigation

How often do u get stopped by admiring onlookers??

Back to the top

How often do u get stopped by admiring onlookers??

commenting on from the other post on being stopped by police, get quite a fe, "fancy selling your car" comments, mines not in that good condition really, but maybe people feel the golf love that I do... :)

~Madferret

Mk1 1457cc 5door GX '83

Back to the top
I've had a fair few people chat to me about my cabby, some wanting to buy it, others just asking about the car.  During the nice weather (what there was of it) earlier this year I often noticed people having a nose around it when it was parked up outside shops etc.

Makes me glad I got rid of my Fabia vRS and went back to an old Golf.  :)

Back to the top

nickl0 said

I've had a fair few people chat to me about my cabby, some wanting to buy it, others just asking about the car.  During the nice weather (what there was of it) earlier this year I often noticed people having a nose around it when it was parked up outside shops etc.

Makes me glad I got rid of my Fabia vRS and went back to an old Golf.  :)
Well done nick  :clap:

Back to the top

Re: the police

herbzz said

well last night on my back from picking my girlfriend up from heathrow i got stopped by the police, i saw them following me for about 5-10 min.
after i was stopped the officer came over and said "don't worry sir nothing wrong with your driving"
they just wanted to know about the car, i've got a chico and they have never seen one so they wanted to know all about it.
all this at 1 in the morning with a grumpy girlfriend in the car from the long flight, but i was more than happy to tell them about it.

Good t know the police are putting our money to good uses protecting the streets.

The wife aint that keen on my golf, actually she cant stand it. But she never seems to get stopped in her bloody clio.

EVryone loves the mk1. I especially think older men love them.

Back to the top
Bens_cab wrote
ive got two white german shepards insurance is my friend last vet bill was over 1k and all the vet did was a few tests ect then told me he was lonely hence the reason for two now

Was the vet coming on to you then as he was so lonely?? :)

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.