Skip navigation

what tyre sizes are you guys running on 14" 6j?

Back to the top

what tyre sizes are you guys running on 14" 6j?

i've just bought a set of p slots im guna try and refurb myself :)
not quite sure what tyre sizes 2 run.
Lets see your p's :D

Pictures would be great, Chriz

Back to the top
space saver tires ftw

Back to the top

alexHxC said

space saver tires ftw

Ultimate stretch!!

Just got the regular 185/60/14 on.  Mirror polished mine, they look quite good tbh.

Banner

Back to the top
I got mine on 185/60but am looking to go 195/65 on rear with 175/45 up front..
But tyres arent ready for changing yet so doing nothing about it

But then I'm going for Rat/hot rod look..

Just dont excpect to handle as wlel with some stretch up front

Back to the top
can you even get 45 profiles in that tyre size? last time i got some tyres for mine smallest profile i could find was 55 and they were really expensive compared to 60s?

Back to the top
I'm looking at getting some 195/45/14s for my next set of wheels, I think they'd look good on p-slots too.

They look good here.

And you can get them for ?40 each too. You can get 175/50/14, but I can only find them from about ?60 each, which is a shame. I have seen 155/55/14 too, but I have no idea where you can get them.

Back to the top

Mike1982 said

I'm looking at getting some 195/45/14s for my next set of wheels, I think they'd look good on p-slots too.

They look good here.

And you can get them for ?40 each too. You can get 175/50/14, but I can only find them from about ?60 each, which is a shame. I have seen 155/55/14 too, but I have no idea where you can get them.

That pic looks mighty photshopped to me lol

Loosk like a  mk2 version of my hof tho…

Back to the top

Lawsy said

That pic looks mighty photshopped to me lol

It is very low that Mk2!
Here's the thread I nicked the picture from, there's loads more photos of it on there.
1990 golf 4 dr PNW lots of replaced parts. old school | VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum

Back to the top
Yeah, so its a little photoshopped with colours etc, but its defoa big brother of my hof, check out my thread below, project RAT

Back to the top

Lawsy said

Yeah, so its a little photoshopped with colours etc, but its defoa big brother of my hof, check out my thread below, project RAT

I think i'd got the wrong end of the stick there, I thought you meant it had been photoshopped to look that low… but yeah, totally agree about the colour changes and it's likeness to the Hof.  :D

Back to the top

Mike1982 said

Lawsy said

I think i'd got the wrong end of the stick there, I thought you meant it had been photoshopped to look that low… but yeah, totally agree about the colour changes and it's likeness to the Hof.  :D

Fair do mate, looks cool for a mk2!!!

I was gonna do something sililar to the one I was trying to sell, but ended up robbing parts form it instead!!!

Back to the top
cheers for the replies

been doing a lil trawling websites and so on…. and found some tyres i quite like…

first choice: 155/55….but i cant seem 2 find a site ANYwher that sell them…

and 195/45 dont look 2 bad either:

is any1 running 165/55?

Back to the top
got some 165/55 pics on a polo..

Back to the top
oooo, nice 1 :) really like those.
Just ordered a set for 36.50 each :D

Cheers guys for all your replies

Back to the top

Mk1_Golf_Chriz said

Just ordered a set for 36.50 each :D

Where from?

Back to the top
mytyres.co.uk

Back to the top
a girl i know is running 155/55's on bright orange steels on her 6n polo,she got them from a supplier on club polo but they should be available on mytyres or camskills like here  VVVVV continentals!!-38quid

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s391p0

note the fulda doesnt look good on a 6" rim but the conti should be nice(my brother runs contis  :wink: ) Also if you can find them the nankang 155/55's give a nice stretch on a 6" rim

Back to the top
Check this site out matey might answer all you questions and queries

Tyrestretch.com

Back to the top
195/45 14 Falkens on my scalas

Look nice, not stretched and awesome grip.  Nice tread pattern too!

oh and they are ?45 :)

Back to the top

5harp3y said

195/45 14 Falkens on my scalas

Look nice, not stretched and awesome grip.  Nice tread pattern too!

oh and they are ?45 :)

Get a photo up! i'm literally about to go and pick mine (same tyres) up from the parcel depot.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.