Skip navigation

BBLB - Time to get it roadworthy!

Back to the top

BBLB - should I scrap it?

your a joker mate.

Back to the top
Hows this coming along.

You have a interesting story to this build, will be nice to see the two back on the road :wink:

Pete

Back to the top
No progress other than cleaning up the replacement roof skin.

I have a heavy work load at least until July so can't get near it at the moment.

I'm determined not to give up on it though!

Back to the top

Yomp said

I have a heavy work load at least until July so can't get near it at the moment.

Cool, good luck with it, will be nice to see some more progress.

Pete.

Back to the top
damn! just noticed the number plates!! what a find!!! seprated at birth and reunited?? i feel a motion picture coming on!!?!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top

Yomp said

Graham
The guy here has change the roof on his mk1 if you needed any help/info on changing them.

http://www.clubgti.com…hread.php?t=59459&page=25

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
any progress yomp?

hello!

Back to the top

rov716y said

any progress yomp?

Sorry, no progress.
As suspected in my earlier post on the 7th April, I have indeed had work up until and now past July. Still busy with work and now my workshop is full of work stuff too so no room for the Golf :banghead:
I hope to shift a machine or 2 in the next few weeks so will hopefully get the car back in to the workshop - just in time for some nice cold winter temperatures - what a depressing thought.

Back to the top
Having just finished an unexpected restoration on its older brother, I really don't have the motivation or the time to start another resto.

Its been sat in a lock up for the last 3 years and I am seriously tempted to get rid of it and the piles of golf bits that have filled it up.

I just have a niggling doubt I might just regret it if I do scrap it!!

Back to the top
for what you probably paid for it, I would definitely keep it…

Mines been sat in my garage just down the road in Brackley for about 2 years in desperate need of some welding and paint so I feel your pain!

Wanted: Front Bumper, DESPERATELY NEED A DRIVERS WING!

MY Build Thread

My Facebook Build Page #Project83

Back to the top
DON'T SCRAP IT! 8O
It must be restore-able, and if not, don't let the scrap yard have it, sell it to someone who can do something with it :cry:

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
Of course you'll regret letting it go, and will always wonder what became of it.  Put it back in the lock up till the motivation builds up again. Then restore this one. A matching pair - sounds good.

Back to the top
Which one did you have at the ATM lol

I think you should do it!  How coild you not…?

What else would you do with your time and money and skin on your knuckles lol

Your call mate, you have a belta, I would do it as a drivable mk1 and keep your BB for Sunday best, no time scale on it mate….

Do it

1983 Mk1 Golf Gti 1.8 - Black
1999 Toyota Hi-Lux - White
2008 British Bulldog age 1 - Red & White
2009 Range Rover Sport - Black
2012 Mitsubishi Canter Tipper - Orange

Back to the top
Gra, swop the plates over and take a pic….please

:D

Banner

Back to the top
Yes swap plates, stand by it with your award from the AGM and get it on here ASAP lol lol lol

1983 Mk1 Golf Gti 1.8 - Black
1999 Toyota Hi-Lux - White
2008 British Bulldog age 1 - Red & White
2009 Range Rover Sport - Black
2012 Mitsubishi Canter Tipper - Orange

Back to the top

bigbadchris said

Yes swap plates, stand by it with your award from the AGM and get it on here ASAP lol lol lol

Good idea !!

Banner

Back to the top
Don't scrap it.  Give it to somebody on here to restore!  I can't bare to see mk1s scrapped.

Butleraw '83 Schwarz Black GTI

Back to the top
Thought I'd resurrect this thread again!
 I've had this one kicking around for nearly 9 years. I've collected all the panels it needs and have 2 lock ups full of series 2 stuff that I never got rid of as I knew one day they would come in handy for this car.  It seems such a shame to give up on it after storing it for 9 years with its nice little relation story with one of my other cars but now owning another 2 more very decent mk1 GTI's  its constantly taken low priority but sits, along with all the parts taking up room. I know if I sold it all as it is then it's unlikely to ever make it back on the road so I've decided before I tackle my S1 GTI resto that I'm going to knock this one together to a fashion that at least the shell is solid and get it MOt'd. Not going to worry about paint or trim too much but just get it to a state where its saved and driveable and then someone else can take it on to do what they wish to it. At least the 10 years of storage wouldn't have been in vain and its another one saved IMG_7662.JPG .
First job has been to get the stuff out of the lock ups over to my work shop to sort through…… IMG_7661.JPG IMG_7660.JPG

Back to the top
Go for it mate. 👍🏼

If nine years of staring at it ain't motivation enough then I don't know what is! 🤔😉😂

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
That sounds like a great plan, keep us updated on progress.  :thumbs:

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.