Skip navigation

brad mole's mk1 golf project

Back to the top

brad mole's mk1 golf project

brutal!

mk1 golf - resto
mk3 polo breadie - daily banger

Back to the top
bloody hell that is a nice color. never seen any other car that colour before, cant wait to see the outcome of it all, best of luck buddy

sproutsy

Back to the top
mmmmmmmmmmmm. Very nice! Can't wait to see the finished article. Keep up the good work.

Mk1 Gti Cabby project on the go! Detailed engine, roof off, leather interior, 16's, painted, now getting put back together!

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=103263&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc

Back to the top
This thread is putting my resto to shame :)

Really is beautiful mate

Back to the top
this gonna be ready for edition then mate?not long now ....

Click on the link below to see my mk1 16v project

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…-16v-project#post_1081899

Back to the top
really love the colour

Back to the top
Looking good that is fella :) was you not tempted to hide the looms ?

83 MK1 GTI G60 85 MK2 GTI 20VT 2004 SEAT ALTEA 2.0 TDI SPORT

Back to the top
progress has been mega poor recently, but thought id stick a few pics in here to keep the thread alive

bought some loom tape for when the wires are sorted to make it look neat

brad moles mk1 golf by bradmole, on Flickr

trying to understand the wiring, its an absolute state, ive tidied alot of it, but theres still loads to do, just missing alot of plugs and connectors

and i moved the ignition coil to under the dash, beside the fusebox, is this a bad idea? or is it safe there?

and the top fill radiator i had, i got that dipped and got a fan made up for it, looks spot on now

theres not really anything i can do now until i can get the brake lines done, and i need to find someone who can help me with the wiring as im stuck now

Back to the top
Inspiring! Thankyou!

Back to the top
Fully loving this thread Brad! I can't wait to see more updates! I hope you don't mind but your car is actually my phone background at the moment lol :)

Back to the top

DanChave said

Fully loving this thread Brad! I can't wait to see more updates! I hope you don't mind but your car is actually my phone background at the moment lol :)

8)  thanks man! i cant wait for the next bit of progress, its annoying me with this messy wiring, especially as i havent a clue what it should be like because i bought the car without an engine  :cry:

Back to the top
I'm sure you'll work it out dude! Just hide as much of it as you can ;) Is the battery going into the boot?

Back to the top

DanChave said

I'm sure you'll work it out dude! Just hide as much of it as you can ;) Is the battery going into the boot?

yeah hopefully, but not until the car is running as i dont want even more issues with it starting, so gonna get it running first then move the battery

Back to the top
Fair play man, that makes complete sense :) more updates soon I hope!

Back to the top
Sweet build dude…. Really nice, and loving the colour….

That bracket for attaching the fan is wicked, where did you pick that up from or did you fabricate it yourself?

1980 Series 1 GTI (gone now .. what a mistake selling her!)
1979 Series 1 LD - the Mandarin Dragon … gone as well. oh dear.

Back to the top

hysteric said

Sweet build dude…. Really nice, and loving the colour….

That bracket for attaching the fan is wicked, where did you pick that up from or did you fabricate it yourself?

i got it fabricated at a local radiator company, the work seems really, good, im thinking about getting a few made up to sell on

Back to the top
Great work Brad,

Are you using loom tape for the bay? I'm re-doing mine soon and thought it needed to be fire proof? Does it?

Mk1 Gti Cabby project on the go! Detailed engine, roof off, leather interior, 16's, painted, now getting put back together!

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=103263&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc

Back to the top

djrussf1 said

Great work Brad,

Are you using loom tape for the bay? I'm re-doing mine soon and thought it needed to be fire proof? Does it?

i was going to use it for both inside the car, and in the engine bay, but i never thought about it needing to be fireproof, i just assumed it would do the job as it was listed as loom tape, but maybe i should have a rethink

Back to the top
Don't quote me but I think it may. I could be wrong.

Anyone else shed some light??

Back to the top
I don't think it needs to be fireproof, but all wiring needs to be protected either in a tighly sealed wrap or a flexy type conduit.

I think the reasons for this are to prevent any sparks occuring. Any Exposed insulation will/could touch the chassis of the car resulting a spark.

This is why you see the fuel pump normally in the back of the car away from other live cables etc, and the fact it needs to be pumped there  :lol:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.