Skip navigation

ansar's black gti restro, UPDATE, p23

Back to the top

ansar's black gti restro, UPDATE, p30, b4 after engine pics

Nice to see you daz :wink:

Car had a detail clean and shine today and It's looking lovely again, thanks to Dom from shop n shine  :mrgreen:

More pictures tomorrow  :wink:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Took the car to midland VW in Cannock today, to have a rolling road setup as it was running high and a bit lumpy.

First couple of runs and the guy picked up the the fueling ain't right in the mid range as the torque drops, so he checked the wiring on the warm up regulator and there was no voltage, traced the wires to the back of fuse box and they were just hanging there :dontknow:  so he sorted that out and ran it again and fuelling was spot on.

Then he played around with the mixtures, ignition timing and idle. And the final figures are not bad for a rebuilt dx engine.

116 bhp
113 lbs torque.  :wink:

Car runs much better now.  But he found air leaks around the injectors so new injector seals will be fitted and setup on a emissions machine should sort it

Rolling road video

- YouTube

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Looking good !!

I see you had the main man, Jody, on the case !!

Mine has been on those rollers :-)

Did you get a plot printout ?

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

Looking good !!

I see you had the main man, Jody, on the case !!

Mine has been on those rollers :-)

Did you get a plot printout ?

Yeah the main man, he said he wanted to play with it because it's a mk1 :wink: , he mentioned you when he saw the wheels  :lol:  :lol: I think he said "green one with a massive charger"  :mrgreen:

Yeah got a print out :wink:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
8)

Back to the top
Lol !!

The new guy that they have hired to run the rolling road is more on the electronic fuel injection, Jody knows kjet well.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
sweet ! :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Cheers guys. Done a good 100 miles yesterday, the pressure for Germany is slightly coming off.

Sorry to hear about your back rich :banghead: Gonna miss you on the trip  :?

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Engine bay complete-ish :lol:

Before and after shots :wink:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
looks good wear you get the nice shiney bit from  :wink:

Back to the top
Looking shiney Ans4r!!! Where did you get that polished intake pipe from? Not seen one like that befor?

Back to the top
i got it of a guy on facebook, its made by bonarth :wink:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
a little update, just before germany i fitted these gti seats, the bolsters were covered in vinyl, look good :)

and today fitted new gti arches, from funk star

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
The arches look spot on ans4r mate. Nice work :)

Back to the top
Awesome thread just read all pages, love the before /after pictures, thought ours was clean but this is immaculate, got some work to do on our oily bit to get this clean 

Back to the top
Did you get compo for wheels being stolen while not in your possession? 

Back to the top

stevebones said

Did you get compo for wheels being stolen while not in your possession? 

yes mate, they paid for the wheels :thumbs:  cheers for the comment btw :)

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Feature on home page and the fact that you run Type 5's prompts the post here.

What type of wheel bolts do you use? radius or tapered?

I've got a set for my own Mk1 Rocco project (car and wheels miles away so can't check, long story) and want to make sure.

I used to have a very similar set of your earlier wheels too actually on my black 16v rocco - still regret selling them!

Pretty sure I used to see the Golf at the old No-Rice meetings back in the day at Fleet Services based on the rego'. It looks superb.

Cheers

Back to the top
On the subject of the wheels, Whats the width and ET of them? Did you have to do any arch work?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.