Skip navigation

swallowtail 1975-THE REBUILD - Updated 18/06/2014

Back to the top

swallowtail 1975-THE REBUILD - Little updated 14/12/12

Okay chaps, thanks for the plating info.

Back to the top
Been working hard on the car, pics to follow....car has been booked in for acid dipping end of JUNE.

Back to the top
any progress on this mate? looks like a great project!

Back to the top

acid dipped and galvanised and electro plated... :)

olds_kool_lews said

any progress on this mate? looks like a great project!

there is a shed load of work I have done, but I was so excited today i couldn't resist but share this will you……its like Christmas has come early :D

before

fully acid stripped shell :D

Shell galvanised and electro plated…. :D

Back to the top
WOW. Given what i went through to get rid of my rust, this is by far the best thing i have seen. Its going to be one amazing car!!

Back to the top

75golf said

WOW. Given what i went through to get rid of my rust, this is by far the best thing i have seen. Its going to be one amazing car!!

yeh i weighed the thought of hours with a cup brush, the sore knuckles and the dirt generated while stipping a car, this was so much easily and less time consuming. only one small hole that needs looking at. im well chuffed with the result. have not seen the wings, door, bonnet and tailgate yet but im sure they will be fine…….just need to reseam seal the joints and undersealing and then it goes to the body shop :D BIG SMILES :D

Back to the top
8)  Bob
liking the stealth look

Mark

Team Wackeldackel - Team Wackeldackel

Back to the top
that it insane, absolutely immaculate, certainly is a dream project for me

Back to the top
looks like a brand new shell! fantastic mate! really is gonna be a special car once finished! you do realise though that any parts that are going back onto it will beed to be of a very high standard and immaculate! cant be seeing no grubby parts now can we! :P

Back to the top

olds_kool_lews said

looks like a brand new shell! fantastic mate! really is gonna be a special car once finished! you do realise though that any parts that are going back onto it will beed to be of a very high standard and immaculate! cant be seeing no grubby parts now can we! :P

everything will be new or refurbed mate.

Back to the top
that is beautiful....absolutely beautiful. im wel jelouse of that. how much did the whole stipping and plating cost? if you dnt me asking?

mk1 golf - resto
mk3 polo breadie - daily banger

Back to the top

boyle_sbd said

that is beautiful….absolutely beautiful. im wel jelouse of that. how much did the whole stipping and plating cost? if you dnt me asking?

It was quite alot, more then what the paint is gona cost me and more then what i paid for the car in the 1st place.

A normal mk1 shell cost break down:

Just shell acid dip = £800
Electro coating shell =  £1450
panels dipped and coated = £400
Plus VAT @ 20%
GRAND TOTAL OF = £3950  :(

:banghead:  :evil:  :(

Back to the top
oh my god that looks amazing

worth every penny I say  8)

me: www.facebook.com/mkoneman
work: www.facebook.com/obdworks
club: www.facebook.com/dubcluboxford
instagram: mkoneman

Back to the top
Holy galvanisation Batman!

Thats so nice!!  8O

Back to the top
cheers lad, i really need to put the picture of the work before this stage, but theres 100'd of pics….

Back to the top
stick em up i wana see.thats alot
 for a dip an plate but u have a rustproof motor for years now.definetly worth it.im very jelouse.!cnt wait till my motors at that stage.

mk1 golf - resto

Back to the top

boyle_sbd said

stick em up i wana see.thats alot
 for a dip an plate but u have a rustproof motor for years now.definetly worth it.im very jelouse.!cnt wait till my motors at that stage.

your right it will be rustproofed for many year to come now, plus im not selling for at least 10years, so eventually it will pay off itself….and add value to it. 8)

Back to the top
that looks brand new has the car even seen a welder?

Back to the top
more piks. more piks. more piks. more piks. more piks. more piks. more piks.

mk1 golf - resto

Back to the top

Gazvenn said

that looks brand new has the car even seen a welder?

I WISH! :lol: I knew i had a good shell to start with and the welding that was done was neat and tidy.  8)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.