Skip navigation

swallowtail 1975-THE REBUILD - Updated 18/06/2014

Back to the top

swallowtail 1975-THE REBUILD - Little updated 14/12/12

Ive got another one :) 8)  hoping for a 3/4 month turn around for this one.

Back to the top
LOL, someone brought it in the end then!! thats been up for sale for over a year. Plans??

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

funk-star said

LOL, someone brought it in the end then!! thats been up for sale for over a year. Plans??

thought i'd try a save another one…..plans…..full rebuild (original spec) and sale.

Back to the top
I think the wolfsburg motor museum  will be knocking on your door to buy it back once its finished,you definitely taken it one step further on your build.top work  :)

Back to the top
What year is this new one ?  Also wondered what happened to the yellow mk1 that you used the front wings off for the swallowtail rebuild - it looked quite tidy.

Back to the top

vwvalver said

I think the wolfsburg motor museum  will be knocking on your door to buy it back once its finished,you definitely taken it one step further on your build.top work  :)

strangle, i have had an email from wolfsburg about the swallowtail…..but its still not for sale……yet :redfaced:

Back to the top

watson said

What year is this new one ?  Also wondered what happened to the yellow mk1 that you used the front wings off for the swallowtail rebuild - it looked quite tidy.

this is a y-reg gti. the wing i used on the swallowtail were from brought off "clarksmk1" swallowtail.

Back to the top

"Swallowtail_uk" said

boyle_sbd said

this will not rust for  100 years i rekon. how do those bags work? great work ;)

3M Bag sealer = £14.50 per bag (cover 1ft x 1ft)

Its into 3 parts……."A", "B" & "C"

A - Internally tube
B - Sealer
C - Activator

You have to break the seal between C & B be squeezing, mix it up for about 5mins, then break the seal on A, (slowly) and shake gentle until the internal tube extends inside the bag. You will then need a Special 3M Gun, which you attach the bag and air line too, then spray away….as thick as you want. Allow it to dry and its paint-able. Hope this helps.

Back to the top

"scrag" said

Swallowtail_uk said

boyle_sbd said

this will not rust for  100 years i rekon. how do those bags work? great work ;)

3M Bag sealer = £14.50 per bag (cover 1ft x 1ft)

Its into 3 parts……."A", "B" & "C"

A - Internally tube
B - Sealer
C - Activator

You have to break the seal between C & B be squeezing, mix it up for about 5mins, then break the seal on A, (slowly) and shake gentle until the internal tube extends inside the bag. You will then need a Special 3M Gun, which you attach the bag and air line too, then spray away….as thick as you want. Allow it to dry and its paint-able. Hope this helps.

no problem, this is why we post on here, to help each other out. where abouts are you?

I used a company called brown brothers, website below.
www.brownbrothers.com

cheers bob

Back to the top
Im in Ellesmere port ch65  matey

Back to the top

scrag said

Im in Ellesmere port ch65  matey

ok these guys, can mail supply's over to you.

Back to the top
Thank for your help ive got a local paint shop getting it in for me  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :lol:  :lol:
Thanks

Back to the top
Get this built and down to the Oldbury meet!

Cheers

Back to the top
This is awsome, keep up the hard work :)

Back to the top
series 1 wiring.
I'm tired of fixing one electrical fault to find another in a few weeks.
I'm thinking I have to replace the wiring.
Any advice on what sort of wire to use.
I know you get different sizes and resistances etc.

Back to the top
autosparks sell wire that i used to rewire my whole car, tons of different colours good quality for a good price

Back to the top

concunningham said

series 1 wiring.
I'm tired of fixing one electrical fault to find another in a few weeks.
I'm thinking I have to replace the wiring.
Any advice on what sort of wire to use.
I know you get different sizes and resistances etc.

maplin's mate. take the wire with you and they will sort you out.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/

Back to the top
I've just been showing this thread to a mate of mine, but theres not a conclusion to this epic story?

Any photos of what it looks like now?

Back to the top
awsome awsome awsome !

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

bouchay said

I've just been showing this thread to a mate of mine, but theres not a conclusion to this epic story?

Any photos of what it looks like now?

Ermmm yeh, its store away :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.