Skip navigation

Mars red Series 1 Mk1 golf Driver G60

Back to the top

golf1980's 1980 golf driver G60

thanks mate. just been slowly making bits during my break times over the years.

just a little update. ive been using the golf as a daily since i got the new charger back on.
i was having problems with boost leaking out of the black pipe with the co pot in. basically it was 3 bits of tube welded together but the welds were poor and leaked.
so i got a stainless steel pipe made up for about 30 quid;

i then trimmed a hole to pop the co pot boss in;

i had to chop the old boss out of the other pipe, clean it up and i shaped it a little to try and improve airflow. probably wont make a difference. i just felt like doing it;

then i keyed up a little bit for the hi temp f1 glue to bond to( pipe being stainless and the boss being ally, i couldnt get it welded);

popped it in the oven, cleaned off the glue and gave it all a quick polish. i forgot to take a pic of the glued up bit but if you see my car, just have a look.

anyway, here it is on the car;

and one pic of the car looking shiny in a carpark :D;

thats it for now. i need to save for bigger injectors, cam, chip and 63mm pulley kit, smaller belt and then it is time to get it mapped!
oh yeah and i am getting a custom stainless manifold made by the same guy that made the boost pipe. i want some strut braces too.
man! the list just keeps getting bigger! i thought it was finished with the engine in. haha. nope.

people keep asking me how much bhp it has and i cant honestly answer. standard they are about 160? mine is a 1.9 with stage 4 charger but still on standard pulley so i say about 175? i dont know though.

feel free to tell me your thoughts and advice. good or bad.  thanks for looking.

Rich

Back to the top

Back to the top
lovey car bud

Back to the top

Back to the top
Ha ha those wheels are the same height as the mk1!

Imagine trying to get those wheels on some MOT brake tester rollers

Back to the top
Wahwahweewah! What anawesome car you have there mate,bet it puts a grin wider than the nile on your face just sitting in it.Love the rimms,i have to say have you ever seen man v food? you are a dead ringer for that guy lol.Top top car mate love it.

Back to the top
thanks buddy. i love the noise the most. then parking up, getting out and looking at it haha.

i have seen man v food. i recon i may look more like him in a few years? :)

it has been a while since i updated as i have had a mental couple of months and havent done much with the car.
i took it to one last show. malvern classic car show. i had a good time and loved everyones cars. i recon the club had the biggest turn out which was cool to be a part of.

i have a few more pics but i am yet to put them on my pc.

So is sorned for winter now and i am already getting the winter blues. i miss driving it so much.
needs to be done though. time to do more things to it. so far i have only had the manifold made. it gives me about an inch? maybe an inch and a half extra ground clearance? this is good because it scraped all the time.

it is now back in the body shop getting some more bits smoothed/painted/buffed/straightened/laqured/flattened/lower
ed. i want to get it sprayed with that teflon stuff too so it is easier to clean.

Back to the top
Shiny fanny-mould!!!

Nice pic of the MK1 stand. Good luck with the winter plans for the car.

Back to the top
thanks. cant wait for spring!

here is a pic that alfie found for me on beakersblog. i really like this one;

Back to the top
looking great

Back to the top
what size are the front d90s?

also was getting another windscreen hassle free?

i'm paranoid that if mine breaks i will struggle to get another.

nice car btw

-z

i pressed the little red button

Back to the top
I got a quote from wizard windscreens and auto glass the other week, neither mentioned they were particularly hard to get.

Wanted: Front Bumper, DESPERATELY NEED A DRIVERS WING!

MY Build Thread

My Facebook Build Page #Project83

Back to the top
Wow! Really nice car, and I love the carbon detailing. The engine bay is TIDY too!!

Back to the top
Stunning car, my fave one on here!

The Chrome makes it IMO.

Back to the top
not sure how do do quotes in this new layout..

@ ZORG

the fronts were 16x7 et 52.7 i think?
i got my windscreen from wizzard windscreens after searching for an old one but to no avail. now i have a laminated one.
i bought new windscreen wipers too. the first time it rained was cool :D simple things eh? lol

@ r_chez_08

thanks buddy. i love the carbon too as you can probably tell :) it is just nice to have something unique on your car.

@ Spilz

wow thanks! quite a compliment. i'm guessing you havent looked through many of the other build threads on here yet?
I've always loved the chrome but i have been thinking about swapping it for something else.
one of the first things i did when i got the car was slap loads of chrome on it. it has been on there for something like 8 years?
i just feel like a bit of a change? i was thinking more carbon?  :lol:

Back to the top
Unbelievable  :o

Love the almost black engine bay !

Im soo going the same route, what paint did you use?

MK1 Golf 1 GTI Pirelli

Back to the top
stunning car butt looks great.:thumbs:

Back to the top

W65_Pirelli said

Unbelievable  :o

Love the almost black engine bay !

Im soo going the same route, what paint did you use?

thanks buddy. i cant remember but i think it is satin black high temp stuff.

Jakeybob said

stunning car butt looks great.:thumbs:

thanks mate. glad you like it

Back to the top
not sure if i posted this but a while ago one of the mirrors got cracked so i took it off and boshed this blanking plate on.

a pic of my santana keys, golf keys and passat keys just because  :lol: …;

and some random carbon things;

some F1 offcuts that i use to make bits;

Now that the golf is sorned and stored i really miss driving it. The noise around 4.5/5k revs is sooo good!

Back to the top
How do Rich!

Your car looks lovely mate, well done!

Brilliant pics of the wedding day, glad the charger did its job for you.
I'm going to give my car a massive push over the next month and as soon as I can, I'll be down to see you in it as i'll need to put some miles on it before it goes to get properly set up.

Still loads to do, currently working on the interior (Corrado Heated Electric Recaro's in the original Sportline material), hopefully it will look very OEM+

Catch you soon no doubt,

Tobe
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.