Skip navigation

Joe90k's Rising Blue 1.8t - BBT K300 IE Rods Custom Interior

Back to the top

Joe90k's Mk1 GTi 20v Turbo

amazing work mate!!

out of interest and for refernce when i do mine did you use the clutch pedal conversion crazy quiffs sell or make your own?

mat

Back to the top
wicked job mate. the beast lives hahaha.

mk1 golf - resto
mk3 polo breadie - daily banger

Back to the top

minimat said

amazing work mate!!

out of interest and for refernce when i do mine did you use the clutch pedal conversion crazy quiffs sell or make your own?

mat

Crazyquiff one mate, worked a treat too.

Cheers everyone else, sorted the ignition problem now, it starts off the key now  :)

Just need to sort the exhaust knocking. The brakes are all good now too. I have ordered the tyres for my wheels which will arrive Monday so I can get those fitted then give it a test drive up and down a private road! Then interior and lights will get sorted then MOT.

:twisted:

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI
2015 Mk7 Golf R 2.0 TSI 4motion DSG
2011 Caddy Maxi Kombi 1.6 TDi
1982 Mk1 Golf GTi 3 Door 1.8t - Build Thread

Back to the top
Good work mate, I always love 1st start up of the conversions  8)

me: www.facebook.com/mkoneman
work: www.facebook.com/obdworks
club: www.facebook.com/dubcluboxford
instagram: mkoneman

Back to the top
what rad/fan and intercooler did u use?
cheers joe

j.gaskell

Back to the top

The fuel pump is now wired up as well as the filter mounted in the engine bay and all pipelines connected although I am waiting on an alloy separator and hose finishers.

Did you use the orignal gti fuel pump (K-jet?) Joe or buy another?
I've read the k-jet ones supply upto 8 bar pressure (4-5 litres a minute) which should be more than enough. Also thinking of removing the accumulator aswell if its not needed with having a large fuel filter?

Saw the Youtube video mate, stunning motor, will be meeting up with you next year when the sleeper is done :)

Back to the top
Absolutely stunning!

Just the inspiration i needed to get back on track with my conversion.

Thank you!

Steff :)

I saw a crinkly peanut tomorrow

Back to the top
what an excellent example of a mk1! really does look like a new car. how much power you hoping to run with this?

Back to the top
cheers mate thats another£170 to spend then

mat

Back to the top
great work! first start is something you will always remember!

Back to the top

GaryGTi83 said

The fuel pump is now wired up as well as the filter mounted in the engine bay and all pipelines connected although I am waiting on an alloy separator and hose finishers.

Did you use the orignal gti fuel pump (K-jet?) Joe or buy another?
I've read the k-jet ones supply upto 8 bar pressure (4-5 litres a minute) which should be more than enough. Also thinking of removing the accumulator aswell if its not needed with having a large fuel filter?

Saw the Youtube video mate, stunning motor, will be meeting up with you next year when the sleeper is done :)
Cheers mate! Yes standard K-Jet fuel pump is more than adequate. Ditch the accumulator altogether also.

Cheers everyone else! Got to get this finished now, have run very short of funds until December.

8)

Last edit: by Joe90k

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI

Back to the top
All sound deadening done, seats and carpet in, cavity waxing done, bumpers on properly, headlights and tail lights sorted and working, all glass finally in, exhaust sorted temporarily for MOT. My parents said they will put some money towards a stainless long life item, but that will come mid December. :)

More bits to do though! Just small things that add up to a lot of money! I need a new set of front camber bolts which are £40 on there own! Then the exhaust, clocks, materials for my custom aluminium dash fascia, silicone washer tubing to the boot, wiper motor upgrade, trim items and anything else I've forgotten!

My brother kindly gave me some money for my birthday so that's helped massively!  Helps keep the thread/build going! 8) Thanks big bro!

Pics to come!

Things are getting done now!

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI

Back to the top
That looks great Joe, love the colour. When do you think you'll have it finished?

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

That looks great Joe, love the colour. When do you think you'll have it finished?
Cheers mate! It will be roadworthy this side of Christmas with any luck!

Having just read the whole thread back to see if I missed anything I totally forgot to post a pic of the wheels fitted. Four brand new Michelin pilot exaltos to keep the power in check  :twisted: (ignore the temporary exhaust!)

:D

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI

Back to the top
Those wheels look really classy man :) Can't wait till this is all finished!

Back to the top
Yup, likin those. Not long to wait then til your done

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Joe, car is looking very nice indeed! Any update on those vin plates you had made would love one if you could assist!

Mk1GTi
Rallye Golf
Mk5 GTi
Mk7 GTD

Back to the top

smokeybubbles said

Joe, car is looking very nice indeed! Any update on those vin plates you had made would love one if you could assist!
Sorry mate, I have been really busy with everything. I will put you in touch with the guy that made mine for me. You need some photoshop/illustrator skills so you can design what you want.

Right then. As it seems that currently I have no pictures of the overall car, I thought today I would take some. But before that I fitted my new camber bolts which meant for the first time in a very long time, she drove!  8)

There are also some pictures of other things, I have fitted a battery in the boot, but it is the old one from my A3 and is knackered. I need to buy an Optima Red Top in the long run, which I will then enclose in a carpeted box etc to neaten everything up! The dash has also been refitted but it was too late to picture it as it got dark. The alarm and electrics are all now done too.

From what I could gather there is a lot of power, I just need to get the exhaust sorted before I can really give it a proper test!  :twisted:

Anyway now for some pics:

8)

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI

Back to the top

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI

Back to the top
Bloody hell  8O :notworthy: this is looking epic!

There are too many online users to list.