Skip navigation

Joe90k's Rising Blue 1.8t - BBT K300 IE Rods Custom Interior

Back to the top

Joe90k's Mk1 GTi 20v Turbo

Great job Joe!!!!

Did you think about relocating the DV to the cold side off the inlet?

Loving the pipework matey - would love to see some more pictures of your custom turbo intake pipe and maybe your coolant setup :D

Back to the top
car's looking good joe glad you got downpipe ok.wot ecu are you using?

Back to the top

GaryGTi83 said

Great job Joe!!!!

Did you think about relocating the DV to the cold side off the inlet?

Loving the pipework matey - would love to see some more pictures of your custom turbo intake pipe and maybe your coolant setup :D
I will get some more pics up soon mate, I did think about it, but decided against it, I didn't want a pipe running across the front of the engine bay and I have heard that the difference is very negligible.

samdyhall said

car's looking good joe glad you got downpipe ok.wot ecu are you using?
Cheers mate! OEM management, de-immobilised and remapped  :twisted:

Bit more progress and some better pics today!

A decent light pic of the bay:

The fuel pump is now wired up as well as the filter mounted in the engine bay and all pipelines connected although I am waiting on an alloy separator and hose finishers.

Also got my brake fluid reservoir installed and plumbed in just need a couple of grommets to finish that off! Oh and the vac line for the brake servo is in, but again need a grommet to finish it off.

That's all for now, more to come.  8)

Last edit: by Joe90k

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI
2015 Mk7 Golf R 2.0 TSI 4motion DSG
2011 Caddy Maxi Kombi 1.6 TDi
1982 Mk1 Golf GTi 3 Door 1.8t - Build Thread

Back to the top
should be running soon then mate?  8)

me: www.facebook.com/mkoneman
work: www.facebook.com/obdworks
club: www.facebook.com/dubcluboxford
instagram: mkoneman

Back to the top

mkoneman said

should be running soon then mate?  8)

Hopefully mate! Just need to sort a few things and get the ECU back off my mate.

Did you get my Facebook message btw?  :)

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI

Back to the top
oh yeah lol sorry mate ive been out the country  :D replied

me: www.facebook.com/mkoneman
work: www.facebook.com/obdworks
club: www.facebook.com/dubcluboxford
instagram: mkoneman

Back to the top
No worries mate! :D

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI

Back to the top
Have you tried using green bulbs in the indicators to make them more orange? I had some in my all red cabrio rears and they do work, not as orange as factory lights but better than flashing red.

Ebay 360380705577

Back to the top

bouchay said

Have you tried using green bulbs in the indicators to make them more orange? I had some in my all red cabrio rears and they do work, not as orange as factory lights but better than flashing red.

Ebay 360380705577

Cheers mate! Will give that a go, sounds like a good idea to me. I never thought of that.

:D

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI

Back to the top
Thats one nice mk1  :D , hope mine turns out as nice as yours is.   
Joe.

Back to the top

sp8y said

Thats one nice mk1  :D, hope mine turns out as nice as yours is.
Joe.
Cheers very much!  :)So this update is relatively small but due to my brother phoning me up because I haven't updated my progress and wondering what was going on I thought I better sort my life out! Thanks big bro!  :DRight, so from that list of things to get the car started has shrunk massively but not many pics as they were mainly mechanical/things that could not be photographed! So out of this list:

Exhaust Reducer 2.25" to 1.75"
Exhaust Clamps + Rubber Mounts
Heat Wrap
Slimline Rad Fan
Rad Cap
Rad fan thermostat
Clutch Line
Brake pressure line from Manifold
One more stainless hose clamp
The coolant pipework, I am looking to get this all silicone but may just make a trip to a scrapyard to see what I can find for now
Lambda Sensor
8mm Self sealing fitting from Revotec for N75 to Boost pipes
Battery in Boot + Cable to starter/alternator
Fill all fluids and check for leaks
Pick up the ECU!

Everything is done apart from one brake line on the drivers side as one of my 280mm brake adaptors was bad so I am awaiting a replacement, so stopping me filling the brake and clutch lines with fluid. Hopefully that should arrive tomorrow so I can get it back on wheels rather than two axel stands and two wheels! I also have my ECU back but need to sort out getting it de-immobilised before my mate remaps it, as it is the old style that needs to be de-soldered and the immo removed then re-soldered. So from the advice from rubjonny (Yet more advice I should say!) I am using P-Torque who were helpful and said they would sort it out asap for me, it has been collected and I will get it sent tomorrow so it should be back with me and ready to go in the car by Tuesday/Wednesday next week! Then fingers crossed I can see if she starts!

Anyway some pics are due, so here they are! First my TIP as requested earlier:

Alloy hose separator and finishers in matt black for my fuel lines in the engine bay:

Some shiny bits from LiquidMetalRefinement, a Rad cover and rad mount brackets. The rad cover was much shinier than it is now, but i dulled it a little to match the inlet manifold lol

(Oh and you can see my selected top hose which came from a mk3 1.6 in the end, was a perfect fit after some trimming and does not touch anything on the way across the bay!)

Rad fan mounted, I was going to use a 1.5 cowling but ended up without enough room, I am happy with it as is though, it still looks neat enough.

02A slave cylinder mounted up and connected with a braided AN3 line all the way to the M/C on the bias pedal box, all stainless fittings! I have a new bleed nipple coming, that rusty one will be getting binned!

and the line running across the back of the lump and through the original clutch cable hole

Passenger side brake completed and plumbed in! These discs are huge!!! If they can stop a VR6 (Which weighs an insane amount!) Then the 1.8T will be no trouble! Drivers side will be done when the new bracket arrives.

A full shot of the bay, with all hoses plumbed in and connected! I am happy with the result, once I have her started I will be looming up all the wires but in case anything needs modifying/repairing I have left it open for now.

And finally, I decided I wanted some crystal crosshair lights, as I think they suit the car and make it look more modern, which as I have a modern engine in it, suits it I think… Anyway I will let the pics do the talking.

One last front end shot…

Thats all for now, with a bit of luck the next post will have a video of a running engine sounding sweet!  :twisted: (I HOPE!!!  8O )

8)

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI

Back to the top

Back to the top
That engine bay is a thing of pure beauty man! Can't wait to see the video!

Back to the top
So much effort put into this, looks so good!

Back to the top
Just amazed at the detail every time I catch up on this - love the colour and very inspirational  :)

Back to the top
AWESOME!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: the dedication, all the work is done immaculate... you rule!

Back to the top
Cheers to all of the above!

ECU has been de-immob by Will @ www.p-torque.co.uk cannot recommend him more, was very helpful and interested in the project. It's rare you find someone that does conversions as a business that isn't just in it for the money! Thanks very much!

Should have it by tomorrow with a bit of luck, then Friday is its birthday!

Joe

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI

Back to the top
ovely work matey

Back to the top
Cheers Brad! Your project is awesome!

Started first time this afternoon, I couldn't video the first time though because I had no one to hold the camera haha but here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqKU-VekA9Y

Got a couple of issues. The starter motor trigger is constantly live so it has to be plugged and unplugged to make the starter work. I'm not sure if this is down to wiring or if the starter relay/motor is knackered.

The other is the idle, it seems to be all over the place, I think the exhaust doesn't help, it sounds sort of air-cooled? Not quiet like a 1.8T should. The exhaust is knocking on the underside of the car though, so that is the knocking in the video, but the rough idle is confusing me. I need to get some clocks and a diagnostic port on it to make sure everything is okay.

Joe

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI

Back to the top
Once again looking awesome joe ! Doesnt sound that bad to me bar that exhaust knocking  :twisted: Keep up the good work !

Adam

'83 MK1 Golf GTI
'02 Land Rover Discovery 2 Td5
'08 Audi S3 2.0 16v TFSI
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.