Skip navigation

76 5 door

Back to the top
Just joined so thought I'd say hi.

I'm originally from Wigan but have been in Australia for 10 years, currently living in Brisbane. I'm a life long aircooled owner so with VW's in the blood its only right that my son follows suit so we've just bought him a 76 5 door golf.

It looks yellow in the photo but is actually Martini Olive, an Australian colour although its a home paint job and pretty tatty up close.. It needs a good going though but is pretty solid with just a couple of small patches in the floor already plated. It came with a car full of parts as well as a load of history including its original bill of sale and a ton of receipts from the 70's and 80's.

So the plans are just to get it roadworthy and reliable for now. Any prettifying can wait till later

Cheers
Keith

GolfArteonsig.jpg

Back to the top
Very cool.

Welcome along mucker

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

Welcome to the club Keith. I'm down in Victoria and currently own  1 1983 Mk1 Golf GTi and 2 1993 Cabrios.
 After owning the black cabrio since 1997 its due for a refurb so I'm extending the garage!

I'm also a member of the Volkswagen Car Club of Victoria (Aust) and we have our annual "Day of the Volkswagen Car Show" at the Yarra Glen Racecourse in November each year. (Soon  :) )

Kindly Google us for more information  :thumbs: )

Back to the top
Good looking motor!!

Back to the top
Welcome to the forum! like the colour, bet it looks good in the sunny weather you get over there vs here in the UK.

Keep us all updated on the changes you make to it if so…:thumbs:

Back to the top
Thanks all.
I've just started up a thread in the projects section  :thumbs:

GolfArteonsig.jpg

Back to the top
Welcome to the forum.

Nice color.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.