Skip navigation

mk1 golf series 2 1993 clipper manual

Back to the top

Binnacle from gti to clipper

Hi all tweedy here and hoping from some help

I'm a new to all this and pretty much useless when it comes to cars but I'm willing to give things a go.

I have a clipper and my speedo is very erractic or wont work at all, so I purchased a binnacle from a mk1 golf GTI and fitted it, with difficulty, now my speedo works but I have issues now with rev counter, fuel gauge, temp gauge etc.

What I want to know is are these inter changeable as I noticed on the circuit board it seem slightly different so can I do a pin swap to make things work or do I have to Frankenstien the 2 binnacles to make a good 1??

Has anyone got a circuit diagram of both clipper binnacle and the GTI .

Sorry if this is wrong section bit new to all this

Tweedy

Back to the top

mk1 golf series 2 1993 clipper manual

The issue is that the Clipper doesn’t have the MFA  function like the GTI.
You could split the binnacle sand swap the clock over that works to the original one.
Or look for a non MFA clipper clock set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Hi Chortle

Thanks for reply, they both look same on front but I can see differences on circuit board on back, was hoping it was just a few pin swaps on plug on rear.

Looks like I'm making 1 out of 2 now, any guides on how to or advice you can offer so I dont break both.

Cheers

Back to the top
Can you post pictures of both (front and back)?

Here's a rough diagram (with MFA) of how the boards work….

Ignore the colours:

inst wire dig.jpg

Whip
/wip/
Noun - Car

When the steering wheel was first put into use in automobiles, it was called the whip. The term has now been generalised to classify any automobile.

Back to the top
Hi the_whip

Thanks for reply

I started another thread in here https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fgeneral-chat_3%2Fmk1-golf-series-2-1993

As I thought that might be better than carrying on this one in the intro section.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.