Skip navigation

What did you do to your Mk1 Golf Today ?

Back to the top
I've been trying my hand at sorting out my wheels! received_10158468692980431.jpeg 20170421_182807.jpg

I put a comparison there as well. 
I'm gonna need one heck of a manicure after this week!

Kirsty "Percy" 

1988 Clipper called Ruby

www.boogiewookie.com

Back to the top
Bling-bling!!  :cool:

Nice job  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Thank you :)
I don't think it's too bad for my first ever attempt.. Been a steep learning curve though. The last wheel has got the better of me, I've currently left it in the garden in the rain… Keeps looking at me with it's sad un-polished face. 

Kirsty "Percy" 

1988 Clipper called Ruby

www.boogiewookie.com

Back to the top

Wes_france said

borednow said

Sanding, sanding, sanding and then just for a change……. I took some rough paper and rubbed it on paint  :lol:
That's what I have spent my four day weekend doing. Well to be fair there has been some paint involved too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

👍👍👍

1992 Red 'Sportline' LHD from France now in Spain,
1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top

This weekend I decided it was time to raise the suspension on the golf. When I bought it it was lowered on adjustables and although it looked good it was too low for me.
Having never attempted anything like this before I was apprehensive but armed with you tube clips I got stuck in.
Three corners went really well but the forth took half a can of wd40 to get things moving!
However I am really pleased to say I got it sorted though and in my opinion the car looks much better

Back to the top

Wes_france said

This weekend I decided it was time to raise the suspension on the golf. When I bought it it was lowered on adjustables and although it looked good it was too low for me.
Having never attempted anything like this before I was apprehensive but armed with you tube clips I got stuck in.
Three corners went really well but the forth took half a can of wd40 to get things moving!
However I am really pleased to say I got it sorted
though and in my opinion the car looks much better

Nice one! Looks good

1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top
Well almost presentable for an MOT. So working on today wiring in the VDO consoles, wiring in a the centre spots, refitting interior and then ready for a ticket.

Eager to learn, willing to give back.

Back to the top

After dropping my boy off I thought I'd go to an old hang out of the lads back in the day.. scenic & not changed a lot at all..

Back to the top

Gave it a good clean!!

Back to the top
Lovely day today, gave it a good clean inside and out, windows came up well…olive oiled all the trim…all good

Noticed the starters starting to sound bad, think its on its way out.

Need to sort that boot lock, doesnt catch, in via the back seats is starting to become tiresome.

Next jobs

Fishing and car 2017 038.JPG
Fishing and car 2017 041.JPG
Fishing and car 2017 042.JPG
Fishing and car 2017 043.JPG

Back to the top
Washed it and drove it for the 1st time in almost 2 months (was away)…. I love my cabby

bronze_zpsa6ede075.png

Back to the top
Fitted the new Cross Hair Headlamps and spots yesterday. Up early and took the Young Line GTi out for a spin to attended the Goodwood 'soft tops' Breakfast Members Meeting, only Mk1 there! 100's of cars there 031.JPG
And then drove on to Denbies Vineyard to see the WW2 tank that they had just dug up! Appy Days

Back to the top

Preliminarily booked a day off worked hoping the new Radiator would be delivered.. went into work as usual & 11.30 it was brought in!! Yes.. it was sunny until teatime today so on with the job. Drained the system, disconnected the electrics, pipes & Cowling/Shroud.. flushed, still pretty clean as I only changed water just over a year ago.. connected Cowling to new Rad, fitted, electrics, pipes then G13 & water, ran it for a bit to get the water about right & took it for a few mile spin. Parked up, no leaks & the fan came on & did its job.. happy. Renewed my Insurance too.. very good price.

Back to the top
Back to quads for a bit 19030445_1401789029900284_7329325708788496292_n.jpg

bronze_zpsa6ede075.png

Back to the top
This weekend was a busy one which included polishing the dishes on my RM's, respraying the barrels in audi ice silver, spraying my drivers side wing, installing and then uninstalling a roof rack (i wasn't a fan when it was finally fitted) and sorting out all of my old stereo wiring and finally installing a retrosound stereo with new door speakers. 

All in all a good weekend, all in preparation for Beaulieu next weekend.

IMG_1410.JPG

Back to the top

Took the wheels off, gave them a clean.. chamois & put some Poorboys Wheel Sealant on each.. also got the Tonneau & used Starbrite streak remover on the inner part.. worked a treat   Used it on roof as well, surprised at the small bits it brought out.. will treat it with some Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber care tomorrow.

Back to the top

Nice day so took the kids to my folks for a quick visit. Kids loved the ride with the top down sunglasses on waving to everyone as we drove by.
However they had to come back in the mrs car whilst I waited for the AA!  Quick bit of diagnostics by a really helpful fella and i am ordering a new ignition switch to replace the worn one.
The drive home was not as much fun. He got it going but followed me home just in case with the beacons flashing, I didn't feel so cool then

Back to the top

Wes_france said

Nice day so took the kids to my folks for a quick visit. Kids loved the ride with the top down sunglasses on waving to everyone as we drove by.
However they had to come back in the mrs car whilst I waited for the AA!  Quick bit of diagnostics by a really helpful fella and i am ordering a new ignition switch to replace the worn one.
The drive home was not as much fun. He got it going but followed me home just in case with the beacons flashing, I didn't feel so cool then

Dang Switches…. :)

All I could do today was look at it in the garage, (I was blocked in my kids cars) but yesterday I was zipping all about topless….

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Well I'll start by saying nice to be back in UK…first I started yuppie flu… moved him up down the drive.wifes car blocking the drive. Then I spotted a exhaust system that just maybe will fit yuppie…a supersprint complete with manifold. So I took my commuting car down to barnet.. so hopefully this system will replace my tired and rotting Mot warned system.

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshiŁ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top

Well chuffed….

Fitted new clips to front seats and slide rail clip.

MY SEATS NO LONGER WOBBLE

New seat belt clip and seat back adjuster knob to passenger seat.

Posted lots of requests via this site for a twin / 4 lamp grill.

To finish the day off… CLASSIC VW let me pick these bits up, thanks Mark, pleasure to work with you!!!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.