Skip navigation

OLD - Guess the Asking Price 'GAP' of MK1's in Austria, 'SEASON 1 to 3' 2013-2016.

Back to the top

MK1's for sale in Austria.

Congratulations 'ant5' :thumbs: and with 'smudger' coming in second even i'm not sure if you'll stay in 4th place or move up to third!  :)

I'll post up this weeks car later today but I think I'll choose something a little more regular and down to Earth this week.  :lol:

Back to the top
So time to move on.
I've kind of fallen in love with this little guy because he looks very honest and with a good polish and a bit of TLC.
You'd happily take this one to show's and hold your head up high!  :)
I think what we have here is a proper unmolested MK1.

Car No.7
logged in as Car
Mileage 120,781 Km's or 75,050 Miles
Year 03.1982
Power (kW) 37
Used condition
Leaded gasoline fuel
manual Transmission
Drive front-wheel drive
Exterior color Red
Number of doors 3
Number of previous owners 3

Well Maintained VW Golf 1 C (Type 17) three-door.
The car was first registered in 1982 and has been in my possession for the last 17 years.
The vehicle is registered and fully running. The Stickers (MOT) is valid until April 2014.
It is kept in a garage, always serviced and hardly used in winter as it's a ladies car.
Extras: 4 piece original VW BBS sports rim size 5 ½ x13 (will not be sold separately), contemporary car radio.
The Golf is located in an age-appropriate, clean condition.

Now I'm the BIG 50 next year (Jan) and my wife keeps on bugging me about what I want, a big party, exotic holiday in the Caribic etc…
The answer is no to all of the above, I want the little guy but unfortunately I can't afford to run three cars.
I've no garage and I will have to buy my Son a car next year as well. (I rent a garage for the Winter for my Cabrio)
No doubt pay the running costs for my Son's car as well.
So I'm going to have to miss this one and to be honest it hurts!  :P  

So that's it, you now know as much as I do, so what's the 'Asking Price'?
And lets do better this week because last week we were roughly 110% off the price!  :lol:

The next 5 Members who ask to play will automatically be part of the 'Premier League Table' which runs till the end of March 2014.
You don't have to play every week but you will remain in the League for the season as it's our inaugural one.
But everyone can play of course!!!!!  :lol:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Difficult one this but I think if you're interested in buying it it'll be reasonable money mate so I am going for 1600 Euros.

:thumbs:

Back to the top

smudger said

Difficult one this but I think if you're interested in buying it it'll be reasonable money mate so I am going for 1600 Euros.

:thumbs:

Oh 'smudger' what your basically saying I'm a tight ARS$!  :lol:

Don't take my thoughts into account because when you involve the 'emotional' factor, common sense goes out the flaming window!
I should know because that's how to sell cars, keep the emotion high makes the wallet more accessible and DEEPER.  :lol:

I just happen to like him and I'm not tight!  :lol:

Back to the top
What I mean mate is I don't think you would spend £££££ on a car bearing in mind you have so money already ;)

Oh and you're tight :lol:

Back to the top
Not so keen on the upside down steering wheel  O_o  or the debadged grille but I do love this car  :wub:  
So I'm going with €2500

'83 1.3 Golf Driver GT - Project thread
Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top

smudger said

What I mean mate is I don't think you would spend £££££ on a car bearing in mind you have so money already ;)

Oh and you're tight :lol:

If I had the money I'd of bought the green one that was at 10k but for not more than 8.5k.

Tight?
Yes, I'd skin grapes if I thought I'd get a refund from the empties!  :thumbs:

https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Mike

001.JPG       

Back to the top
1850 euro  :thumbs:

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top

mazza411 said

Not so keen on the upside down steering wheel  O_o  or the debadged grille but I do love this car  :wub:  
So I'm going with €2500

I hear where your coming from, there's just something about it!  :thumbs:

OLD.

Mike

001.JPG       

Back to the top
€1550, How's that for optimism? 

Back to the top
Gonna go for 2995 euros, it does seem as tho its being reluctantly sold,

"Mk1 Golf Gti...all things to all men"

Back to the top
(EUR-)2450

Back to the top
I'm going on the lower side for this one, yes its a decent little motor and obviously looked after but I'm still plumping for €1450

Back to the top
So the League Table has been updated by Fathammer to include last weekends scores.

Well with both Fathammer and Sweetmk1dub failing to make into the top three with the last car, we see a serious closing of the gap at the top.
Also Ant5 leaps above smudger into 3rd with his win last weekend, even though smudger came in 2nd.
MaxVW is the big mover of the week coming up from 13th to 9th with his 3rd place.  :thumbs:

So how does it work and how are the points scored.
The breakdown is as follows:

1 point for Participating
2 points for 3rd
3 points for 2nd
4 points for 1st
1 bonus point for the Correct Guess

It seems to work because although Fathammer got off to a blinding start with three wins and three correct Guesses he hasn't made it into the top three since.

Now if you look at GolyTheGolf in 5th with his 2nd place, because he's played every week he has six participating points.
If he's on the money this week he'll score six points and potentially leapfrog smudger and be tied for third place with Ant5 if they fail to make the top three.

Even those lower down the table only need a couple of good results make some serious moves up the table.  :thumbs:
(taking part weekly could make all the difference at the end of the season, like goal difference in Footie) :lol:

So have a go and join in the fun, the League runs until the end of March 2014.  :thumbs:
It's not your money.  :)

Remember.
We have 17 already playing, so the next 5 Members who ask to play will be part of the 'Premier League Table' but everyone can play of course!!!!!

Back to the top
I've been point shorted :lol:

I've guessed for every car!

Back to the top

MaxVW said

I'll let Fathammer look at that because I haven't got a clue about MS Excel, it gives me a migraine just starting the program!  :dry:
We'll iron out the wrinkles as we go.  :thumbs:  

Then I dock you one point for pointing it out, one for being right and one point if your wrong.
That works for me, oh the power feels real good!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  ;)

Only kidding mate.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
€2400 for me please!
Lets hope I'm on the money and I start edging my way to the top spot!  ;)
Normal competition rules state that no person affiliated with the competition can take part! Does that mean that now Fathammer is contributing to the league table he can't be in the competition and I move up to 4th?  :lol: :lol:  

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top

GolyTheGolf said

€2400 for me please!
Lets hope I'm on the money and I start edging my way to the top spot!  ;)
Normal competition rules state that no person affiliated with the competition can take part! Does that mean that now Fathammer is contributing to the league table he can't be in the competition and I move up to 4th?  :lol: :lol:  

Like there's something normal around here!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
That and believe me, you don't want me using MS Excel. It's not a pretty sight trust me!  :thumbs:

Back to the top

golfcabrio said

MaxVW said

I'll let Fathammer look at that because I haven't got a clue about MS Excel, it gives me a migraine just starting the program!  :dry:
We'll iron out the wrinkles as we go.  :thumbs:  

Then I dock you one point for pointing it out, one for being right and one point if your wrong.
That works for me, oh the power feels real good!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  ;)

Only kidding mate.  :thumbs:

I've had a check back through the previous posts and MaxVW missed the first weeks guesses (the Red and Green tin tops) but has been ever present since.
Sorry mate, a nice try to gain an extra point but you've been rumbled.  Good luck for this week  :thumbs:

Back to the top
my guess for the red one Is eur1950

also mike if you like the car and you need to get you boy a car…. then what you wating for ;)

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner
There are too many online users to list.