Skip navigation

Suggestions on how we can improve the show?

Back to the top

Suggestions on how we can improve the show?

Itll be sorted next year. Don't know why it wasn't this year.

Consider it on the list.

Back to the top

Dano said

Itll be sorted next year. Don't know why it wasn't this year.

Consider it on the list.

It was the plan to get all mk1s in the feild next to the tarmac but for some reason they didnt manage to gather :dontknow:  next year they will all be together  :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
as said before the agm is an annual gathering as well as a show and shine, suggested above that show and shine be on the grass area where the traders were and the rest of the mk1's on the tarmac , also submission for show and shine to be in advance, traders can go on grass area with car parking of other cars.
question
do you have to be a member to enter the show and shine, if not why not,

haydn

Haydn

Regional Host South Wales

Back to the top
Sorry
but the present arrangement at the AGM of having the Show & Shine on the hard standing is spot on & shouldn't be changed.
The hard standing gives the owners wishing to display their cars a better chance to keep them clean - particularly if the weather sours up.
Ther are plenty of events where Show Managers
would give their 'back teeth' to have a well drained
tarmac area at their disposal.

Keith.

Back to the top
Got to say that I agree with Keith on that one.

We have been lucky for the past two years in that the weather has remained dry. Cars moving around on grass = mud, same goes for people walking around the 'parking area' grass. That area isn't cut as close as the current traders area.

Having the show n shine on the tarmac gives owners and viewers a chance to remain clean in the event of bad weather. The traders stands are in the better maintained area too.

I say that we leave it as it is for now and get the non show n shine area sorted properly.

Re the model car stand, he asked to come and I agreed that he could. One extra never hurt and people may have been interested in a nosey.
I know that he didn't do massive trade but did the others?

I asked, before the event, which  traders members wanted to see there. I tried to get ones named but couldn't. IF you know a trader who would like to come GET THEM TO CONTACT ME before the event.
Thanks!!!

Back to the top
as i have said its not only a show and shine but an annual gathering and if the rain comes i would not want my mk1 on grass even though i would not show, the best way forward is to have all mk1 in the same area.

Haydn

Regional Host South Wales

Back to the top
Didn't realise the issues could spread across 10 pages! 8O

If we're going to stay at the racecourse, then all of the mk1s simply can't stay in one area, there isn't enough room with the traders etc needing close power points etc.

As regards to the judging issues, I was dubious also, having seen the winners of the category I entered (daily drive) I was left suspicious of the 'daily' aspect of them.

However, the judges decisions are final, and I expect if the cars were blatantly having it on, then the judges would have taken it into consideration.

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
Perhaps pre-entry on the site would be a good option? that way the cars can be researched before the day on project threads?
There are too many online users to list.