Skip navigation

Suggestions on how we can improve the show?

Back to the top

Suggestions on how we can improve the show?

Sorry bignorm but I think it kind of waters it down if you have more than 1 car win that award just my 2 cents.  :dontknow:

Back to the top

Waterworx said

lhasadreams said

CabrioAnna said

I'll stick my neck out and say I will organise the rally for next year? :lol:

Ax

Good on ya Anna, happy to be a co organiser if you want some help with being so local to Uttoxeter.

I withdraw my offer.. didnt see this one  :redfaced:

well im sure brother crow could do a practise run

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top

blans said

Sorry bignorm but I think it kind of waters it down if you have more than 1 car win that award just my 2 cents.  :dontknow:

Yeah I can understand that mate.

I knew I would struggle to get other people to agree before I posted it lol.

Back to the top

ans4r said

Waterworx said

lhasadreams said

CabrioAnna said

Ax

Good on ya Anna, happy to be a co organiser if you want some help with being so local to Uttoxeter.

well im sure brother crow could do a practise run

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Watch 'Sirens' at 10pm, brother Waj is on  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

I still think there should be 2 peoples choice.

The banner on the top of the page has a cabby & tintop so why not pick the best of each.

I can understand the prize takes time, money & effort but lets be honest would anyone really complain if they didnt get a steering wheel but got a trophy instead?
there are awards for best standard tin and cabby and best modified tin and cabby already the peoples choice is the best of the best simple.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
can't we just book it on a weekend when the carvan club isn't there ?

Back to the top
A5OPY - Fair point, ill leave it at that.

Back to the top

mAtt- said

you mean young bill and his family :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top

mAtt- said

Caravan club is there all summer!

Back to the top
8. Separate parking for Mk1 Golfs not in the show n shine - separate to other 'daily cars'

I don't know why that happened. It's been done previously and perhaps we hadn't directed enough people to the right area. I'll be amended next year.

9. Not on the same weekend as Bugjam.
Difficult. When we booked the weekend there wasn't another show on. Then thur announced afterwards. What do we do? Keep moving ours so we don't clash? A5OPY and I were speaking to The Management on Sunday and their racing fixtures will be out in September. We will book the weekend early for next years' show - that way we are one of the first shows out. If another event is booked after us then 'We' can't help that. The calendar is always busy BUT maybe school breaking up weekend isn't the best for people to be travelling long distances in heavy traffic!

Dan

Back to the top

Waterworx said

lhasadreams said

CabrioAnna said

Ax

Happy for your input too :D

My thinking is that Gammy did such a fine job organising last years, it was hard to beat this year.
A parade through Matlock again, but a differnt route.
Not a long as last year, maybe a bit longer than this year?

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top
This year was long enough for me. maybe consider a dual carriageway drive first out to another town - thereby exploring newer areas further afield then the dual carrigeway back. D/C's are good for driving photos if you have a passenger.

Towns tend to split the pack up at traffic lights leading to people getting lost!!!  :banghead:  :mrgreen:  - for 'people' read Dano!!!!  :redfaced:

Back to the top
My first agm, still quite new so here's my 2 cents :)

1)mk1 only parking zone

2)what if we do the rally for charity and drive to the chosen charity (childrens hospital etc) speak to the local police explaining what were doing and see if they could stop traffic on major junctions and roundabouts while we pass through ?? I'm sure they would be happy to help :dontknow:

and 3) hand out the rally grill plates when we get to location so everyone can leave together and not get lost as easy :)

other than that no complaints :)
well done to all that organised it

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top

Waterworx said

89clipper said

I thought the public voting system was the fairest way of doing things and opened it wide open, as far as the standard class goes who better to judge than the experts. Well done experts  :D For all those who think it is all about "who you know", you best not go to Deva. It is not about the winning, it is the taking part  :D

I must just tell you that if you found drool and tongue marks on your paintwork they were mine, that is a stunning car..  :clap:

Thank you  :D Though the drool was a bugger to clean off  :mrgreen:

1989 MK1 Golf Clipper
1999 Ford Cougar 2.5 v6 (soon the nightmare will be over and car gone)

Back to the top
firstly a big thanks to all that donated to macmillan cancer, and thanks to the club as well.

thanks to all the committee and helpers who organized the weekend

comments
the drive out wasn't as good this year as last although time wise it was great

on sunday comparing it to coombe abbey and last year it was dissapointing, all mk1's wether or not in the show and shine should be in the same area, where i was parked with 10 other cabby's near the trade stalls i felt left out of it as the action was near the club house , maybe that's because the burger van was in the way and people didn't realise that we were part of it.
perhaps next year the trade stands could be on the car park grass with other cars and the area of grass next to the play area used for show and shine entrants, making it easy to rope off.  with all other mk1's on the tarmac. after all its not only a show and shine weekend its an annual gathering of mk1 members.
a constructive comment. would it be better if show and shine entered on the web site before the show and give details of the car and the section to be entered then on the day a ticket could be issued to them and told where to park.

Haydn

Regional Host South Wales

Back to the top

ans4r said

mAtt- said

yeah young bill (dano's mate) and his sexy grandma  :P

Back to the top

mAtt- said

ans4r said

mAtt- said

yeah young bill (dano's mate) and his sexy grandma  :P

He wanted a row on Staurday night and I wasn't going to give him one! We did everything that he wanted  - except swtich the music off totally  :roll: so he had no complaints. The Management came over and smoooothed that one in our favour  :wink:

It became obvious over the weekend that the time invested in providing the courses management with everything they asked for whether it be risk assessments, traffic plans, liability paperwork, rubbish disposal plans etc was well worth the effort. They backed US 100% when it came to it and I personally was quite relieved…. Going through my mind when he was shouting the odds was 'You can hardly be having a serious argument with a guy in a Michael Jackson costume, a curly wig and face paint can you?!!!  :lol:

Back to the top

Dano said

Going through my mind when he was shouting the odds was 'You can hardly be having a serious argument with a guy in a Michael Jackson costume, a curly wig and face paint can you?!!!  :lol:

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :clap:

Back to the top
Happy for your input too :D

My thinking is that Gammy did such a fine job organising last years, it was hard to beat this year.
A parade through Matlock again, but a differnt route.
Not a long as last year, maybe a bit longer than this year?

I would be more than happy to help providing you bring the cakes  :wink:

Back to the top
Agree with taffy about the pre entry for the show and shine on the website so as to give people an idea of which car belongs to who as I wasn't to sure on winners when they were announced.. is there a list of winners and photos?
There are too many online users to list.