Skip navigation

Mark 1 Golf Clipper Cabriolet for sale

Back to the top

Golf Clipper Cabriolet Convertible (Automatic)

[

Year of manufacture: 1989

Mileage: 98,366

Price: £5,995

Contact details: mandymacfincham@gmail.com

Condition: Very good

Service history:  Some previous receipts.  I have always taken it to a garage since I have owned it, and have recei IMG_6597.JPG IMG_6594.JPG IMG_6589.JPG IMG_6588.JPG IMG_6587.JPG IMG_6586.JPG pts.

Mot expiry Date: May 2022

Taxed or sorn: Taxed

Description:

I have for sale my beautiful red Mk1 Golf cabriolet clipper convertible. It is an automatic, and has low mileage for its 32 years, having 98,366 miles on the clock.
It was mot'd in May so the mot expires May 2022. Having bought it four years ago, I have always taken it to a Classic Car garage (CCK Historic in High Hurstwood) to have any work done on it to maintain it in it's original classic form(apart from the Weber Carburettor which is not an original part, but was recommended by a mechanic friend, and does indeed make a big difference to its performance.)

Work I have had done in the last four years (receipts available) includes:
Weber Carburettor fitted
Seized distributor removed and replaced with new distributor
New alternator belt and timing belt fitted
New radiator
Brake discs and pads replaced
Rear wheel cylinders replaced
New ignition coil and HT leads, as well as routine service items (new plugs, oil etc.)

It is really fun to take out, drives well, and looks stunning both with its roof up, and driving on a lovely day with the roof down. My reason for selling is that I have now acquired a lovely old VW campervan, and sadly I only have room to keep one vehicle and feel it is time for my Golf to move on to someone who will use, and really appreciate, it. 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.