Skip navigation

Starter motor brushes

Back to the top
Anyone have a good source for starter motor brushes for a Bosch starter? Stripped it all and the brushes are low, 8mm at best but i can only find ones that are 25mm long. Seem too long.

Size is 5mm thick, 12mm wide and whatever the length should be

Back to the top
I dont have the part number at the moment, its at work soni cant compare part numbers

Last edit: by Bradcab

Back to the top
here are the pns for a 89 Cabriolet.

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 9.16.04 PM.png

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
I got mine off ebay using the part vw part number. You need a hefty soldering iron when putting the new ones in, and getting them all out the way when you re-fit the commutator is fun!

My rebuild thread I will try and keep up to date: here

K-Jet fuel pressure test guage How-To

Back to the top
20201124_212353.jpg Thanks guys. Yeah they dont have a standard little solder on them. Will take some heat.
Ive already predicted that paceman so ive come up with an awesome use for the soldering gas lid…slides right onto the commutator

Back to the top
That is a neat idea, I would of used a cap and drilled a hole in it the size of the shaft so that as I reinsert the thing it will hold then and be pushed out at the same time the shaft is inserted holding all in place.  

You can tie a piece of string to do that as well.  Snip it when the thing is in place and work it out.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
It just slipped right on brian without a hole drilled. Its the same width as the commutator so worked a treat without all the fiddling.

Back to the top
Cool....

Where are my DIY Links?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.