Skip navigation

Raffling MK1 GTI

Back to the top

Absolute mint Lhasa Green 1983 GTI, has to be one of the best around

Due to losing my job and not being able to get a similar role and salary and I’m having to let my beloved MK1 go, but, I do not want to sell it the conventional way and am thinking about raffling it.  Please reply with your thoughts as to if you would buy a ticket for £10 to win the car.  The car is absolute mint, I brought it for £12k 2 years ago and immediately gave it to a local business who prep classic cars for long distance rallies, I spent £15k with them, all the work was mechanical, the car drives and looks amazing and must be one of the best available. 2615B1B4-3785-49F0-B343-DDDCF71135ED.jpeg 51A5F6B3-98EA-4029-8E83-28A8F16E5274.jpeg E8A6DAA7-B6F4-4C38-A563-5CFDB0143CBE.jpeg 7E26F52D-1F02-4817-A3BE-F90C2D61F86E.jpeg 056FB23F-6325-4E87-B68E-1335CD114AC3.jpeg CADDD87D-4893-456E-BA22-4BD8BC3D8B7E.jpeg

Last edit: by Darremmc365

Back to the top
Gutted for you. 
I would but a ticket but can't find enough to buy tickets is the question. 

You need to be careful of the law also. Needs to be correctly overseen etc as it is classed a gambling over certain amount and what happens if not all tickets sold etc. 

Good luck 

Back to the top
Think you run into problems with the gambling commision when the prize is greater than £200,000 (like a house)

However you can still come unstuck with not selling enough tickets, you need to sell a lot and will have to have deadline that may be a long time in the future, how soon do you want the £?

The other problem being that many people are, or will soon be, in the same boat as you and don't have £ to splash about on a 1000-1 chance.

The effort involved would be, at a guess, 100x sticking it on ebay or other online sales/auction sites.

Looks a nice car, try your luck selling it normally 1st?

Last edit: by Early-1800

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
You can raffle it if you ask a question in order to qualify with no issues from the gambling commission. 

Back to the top
Just reading your post and the number plate is very familiar, my mate owned that car in 92, lived in Peterborough, bought it from Leicester. He had problems when buying it as the mileage was clocked, we found out when we visited the local vw dealer that used to service the car they printed the full history out had an extra 100k more than it should. DA575748-1B6A-4760-A1EF-F50424610180.jpeg C42F7DE8-4E3E-4875-9613-A4314C8A4C64.jpeg

Back to the top
The work that you have done on the car is fantastic, I would definitely buy a ticket.

Back to the top
If its legitament I woul;d buy a ticket. How would you draw the winner?

Back to the top

Backinblack said

Gutted for you. 
I would but a ticket but can't find enough to buy tickets is the question. 

You need to be careful of the law also. Needs to be correctly overseen etc as it is classed a gambling over certain amount and what happens if not all tickets sold etc. 

Good luck 

I have looked into this and using Raffall.com appears to be legal, and , if not enough tickets are sold the drawn winner gets 75% of the tickets sales if I choose not to give the winner the car due to not enough value in the sales

Back to the top

Daytona said

If its legitament I woul;d buy a ticket. How would you draw the winner?

All drawn digitally on Raffael.com

Back to the top

Carl Jones said

Just reading your post and the number plate is very familiar, my mate owned that car in 92, lived in Peterborough, bought it from Leicester. He had problems when buying it as the mileage was clocked, we found out when we visited the local vw dealer that used to service the car they printed the full history out had an extra 100k more than it should. DA575748-1B6A-4760-A1EF-F50424610180.jpeg C42F7DE8-4E3E-4875-9613-A4314C8A4C64.jpeg

Many thanks for the history, not surprised TBH, surprisingly all the work I have done I haven't got the speedo working, it's stuck on 160k.  Not sure it matters a lot though, the cars done a lot of miles simple as that

Back to the top
Guys, any idea on what value my GTI would be?

Back to the top

Raffling MK1 GTI

If you are raffling it the it should not matter. It’s about how many tickets you can sell.

I would guess about 15k maybe 20k for a summer sale - this time of year maybe 10-12k as no one really looks in the winter.

But really only worth what someone will pay for it. For me £10 on a ticket is a fair punt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Now on a well know car auction website. 'The market'
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.