Skip navigation

Wilkos gti caddy

Back to the top

Wilkos caddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top

Wilkos gti caddy

Will get a polish up eventually but the cabby dash is starting to look good in the caddy. Much better than the bland original parts

Back to the top
I'd buy a chrome pen and make your gti badge silver to match the rest of the front, and add white indicator lenses with orange bulbs!

Well done on all the work!

Back to the top

Wilkos gti caddy

Well I have done everything possible I could do with this it’s now off to a garage to do the final finishing touches and to be motd. Been a rollercoaster of a project but could easily do it all again

Back to the top
Hope it all goes well and you get it on the road and out enjoying it soon. Keep us updated on how it all goes.  :thumbs:

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top

Wilkos gti caddy

Rear dropped looks so much better

Back to the top

Wilkos gti caddy

Unfortunately it’s been almost a year since I last did anything on the caddy tbh I nearly put it up for sale as with work and home life I just never had the chance to do anything with it.

However the garage where I get all my work done on my daily and all my MOTs done have kindly said I have free run of the place at weekends and evenings including all their own tools and ramps.

So today went down there gave her a quick look over and fitted a new water pump and a full set of silicone hoses. It’s not much but it’s a start hopefully will be done by spring as would love to drive her.

I have also been given a omp deep dish steering wheel to try then buy

Back to the top

Wilkos gti caddy

Last year I had these made for me by retro retrims still yet to fit but will be one of the last things I do to stop them getting damp and mouldy

Back to the top

Wilkos gti caddy

Got the cambelt, drivers engine mount and front suspension done in 5 hours this morning. Not bad considering all the rusted bolts

Back to the top

wilko13 said

Got the cambelt, drivers engine mount and front suspension done in 5 hours this morning. Not bad considering all the rusted bolts

Its amazing what a huge hammer can do in 5 hours… :lol:
  Seriously you did well and glad to hear your back on the job.
p.s Let me know when the next Classic VW meet is  :thumbs:
Marcus.

Back to the top

Wilkos gti caddy

Lol that hammer got used far too much lol. Yea will give you a text mate.

I’m pleased that I’m getting on with it again I had truly lost all love for it a year ago and nearly sold it but glad I didn’t

Back to the top
Good going  in five hours coming along nicely . Hard to get motivated  sometimes with the  cold and the shorter hours of daylight but that's big chunk of work outa  the way 👍🏻

Back to the top
know the feeling the cabriolet ground to a halt to

Do not know a lot but willing to help if possible

1989 Sapphire Blue Mk1 Cabriolet KR
1985 Atlas Grey Mk2 GTI 2.0 ABF

Back to the top

Back to the top

Wilkos gti caddy

Fitted some brembo gti brakes today all coming along nicely now

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.