Skip navigation

Cigar lighter conections

Back to the top
Hi guys 
I'm back again with yet another issue' this time relating to my cigar lighter, there is a cone for cable that looks original and 1 cable that connects to the small bulb that lights up the ashtray unfortunately that cable was wired to the incorrect yellow/grey cable now I need to find where all these cables should route to as the lighter isn't working thanks guys 18EE3D3F-8B44-4686-8A1E-5A5464715274.jpeg 4586C8BB-9CFA-45E8-B258-93A45FF96258.jpeg

Back to the top
answered in the other thread.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Okay here is the link that I was referring to for some reason I can't reply to your private post, and well sometimes I forget to post new links to augment my how-to's I blame my Oldtimers Disease, or CRS Can't Remember Spit* *(insert the proper  evacuated waste word of your choosing).

My Cigarette lighter won't charge my Ipad, Iphone. | Volkswagen Owners Club Forum

Whilst that tells you how to fix a funky working lighter, I have since removed them and used a USB jack in it's place as well Cigar's and Cigarettes are bad for you and you shouldn't be smoking, as my kids were using them for USB Aux thingies… and constantly it wouldn't work for my lighter to ignite my Stoogies.  I bought a windproof Butane..

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Wait that thread is in the how to's….here is the screen snap, you must of missed it… :) . Ignore the fact that the last edit is about 5 minutes ago it must be wrong. :)

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 2.40.26 PM.png

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
God bless ya Bri

I decided to have a look last night and couldn't work out why there was no connection to the - side of the bulb' I managed to strip it down and have a good look' I could see the lighter was actually the wrong one the brass connection was to far away from the brass connector that attached to the bulb so soldered a small shim making it a little longer' the lighter would also not stay in the holder so slightly bend the steel pins in so it held it firmly but not to much' the proof of the pudding is yet to be confirmed' there is a spade connection on the bulb should this not be connected to the blue / grey ??

Back to the top
You have the wrong ash tray fitted. With that style of connector you shouldn't need extra wires for the bulb.

Back to the top
Had a look at mine today and it appears your ashtray is the right one but you're missing the correct bulb holder. Here are some pics. Hope it helps.

25F0C27C-71C7-4639-B33F-115F1CB8E23D.jpeg 1271BAFD-A6EE-48EC-98B9-4F9CD8412850.jpeg D433A656-C32C-472E-AF28-DEDAE5E45F62.jpeg
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.