Skip navigation

Engine judders only in certain situations. Fuel starvation???

Back to the top
The original GTI setup is an abortion of a dogs dinner worthy of an amatuer italian under the arches garage outfit.

Suspect the later cabrio setuo was to match the MK2 Golf setup which indeed was designed from the start to accomodate the injection gubbins.

Does it play up around a single corner or long sweeping bends (ie a big roundabout)?

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
Thats about sums up the design, 100%
Single corners, roundabout anything that turns right, as soon as the tank get down to below 1/2 -3/4 empty wrecks my head.  yes the harder you are going the more it happens, but what is the point in having a GTI and driving it slow.  

Back to the top

larmstrong said

Thats about sums up the design, 100%
Single corners, roundabout anything that turns right, as soon as the tank get down to below 1/2 -3/4 empty wrecks my head.  yes the harder you are going the more it happens, but what is the point in having a GTI and driving it slow.  

Mine does it but not around a street corner only fast big-ish aroundabouts and only when below 1/4 or less.

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
the design is fine, just modern fuel eats the rubber away for the swirl pot. main reason it was redesigned is probably to reduce costs. 1 tank for all!  Not like the lift pumps are immune to the wee rubber line to pump dissolving after all ;)

anyway not a lot you can do once the in tank pot goes, can try a new tank but some find the aftermarket pot design isnt all that great. a cab lift pump wont fit your tank either as the pot gets in the way, if you did get a new tank and lifter space is also pretty tight under the car so not much room to fit external swirl pot under there

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.