Skip navigation

Ireland 2020 Tour - Bera Peninsula 18th to 20th September

Important!
Hi,
It is that time of year again where we start booking up for the annual Irish trip.
Hosted Brilliantly for the 8th year by our man in Ireland, Hugh Coffey Shughy

There are several points where you can join the trip - it officially starts Friday evening, but some people from the UK will be catching the early Holyhead ferry 17th September.

Itinery:
(1) Drive to Holyhead and stay in a B&B on the evening of  Wednesday 16th September. Holyhead Travelodge B&B
(2) Get the 8am ferry to Dublin and drive to Kilkenny and get a Hotel on Thursday 17th September. Hotel Hoban Kilkenny.
(3) Cruise to the Celtic Ross Hotel in West Cork with some of the Irish guys on Friday 18th September morning. This is the base hotel and we will stay there for two nights. See Hugh's website for the hotel details and how to secure a room (00353 (0) 23 88 48722)(https://vwgolf1.com/index.php/2020/01/12/ireland-tour-2020/)
I will be taking the "Two Nights Rates 2BB1D" option.
(4) We have an action packed weekend planned - highlights being our meet and greet on Friday (18th) evening, our classic car cruise around and along the country twisty roads of the rugged Co Cork on Saturday (19th) and a group activity yet to be decided for the Sunday! (20th)
(5) Drive back to Dublin on the 20th late afternoon and stay in a Hotel in Dublin (I have booked the Temple Bar Inn).
(6) 21st get the 8am ferry from Dublin to Holyhead and drive home!

The last 7 years have been fantastic and it would be good to see more cars make the trip over from the UK!

You will be responsible for booking your own hotels and ferry's.

Any questions, just ask!

Last edit: by lhasadreams

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Important!

Back to the top
Thanks Ade. lhasadreams  :thumbs:

Yes it really is a great weekend in your car and hopefully this year it will be no different.

We go to a different county in Ireland every year. Last year we had 22 Mk1's on our car run in Co. Donegal. It was a blast.

This year as Ade says we are in West Cork and our Saturday run takes us to the Beara peninsula and the spectacular scenery of the Wild Atlantic Way.

Look out for updates over the coming months as the full itinerary will be listed here and on our Facebook pages!

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
looks great….
shughy you cant just have people meet you at you gaff….lol to save you driving out to meet them..

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshi£ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top
I have just secured my room on the 2BB1D rate - such great value.
So looking forward to this!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
I am hoping to attend this year, according to my leave plot i will be at home so if all goes according to plan i will be there.

Andy

Back to the top

andyphill said

I am hoping to attend this year, according to my leave plot i will be at home so if all goes according to plan i will be there.

Andy

Great that it lines up Andy!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.