Skip navigation

MK1 throttle body upgrade

Back to the top
hey all

it's a question that's been asked a few times but I am struggling to find confirmation on parts or part numbers and the posts that have photos show the part numbers have expired (IE the photo does not exist on Photobucket anymore)

I am looking to change over the throttle body on my MK1 to a Audi 80 / MK2 with the larger butterfly's for better throttle response

I just need a bit of help checking what parts i need, Am I correct in thinking it would be the below two items? - if not could someone provide me with the part numbers?

This throttle body;
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Butterfly-valve-B4-158-037061R-Audi-80-90-B4-100-2-0-Petrol/283180264648?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

This WUR with the vacuum hose attachment
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-MK2-Warm-Up-Regulator-WUR-027133403/113988223328?hash=item1a8a3a4160:g:qBgAAOSwLfxd3DH4

Thanks in advance!

signature.jpg

Back to the top
Might be useful
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=big-block-injection_2%2Faudi-throttle-body-with

the key thing with the WUR is making sure that the diaphram is intact, if you can suck air through it, then it's  bust and you'd need to get a rebuild kit (not cheap!), but then probably cheaper than buying a fully reconditioned one.

My rebuild thread I will try and keep up to date: here

K-Jet fuel pressure test guage How-To

Back to the top
That throttle body doesn't look right. Smaller butterfly is way too small.

Back to the top

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

rubjonny said

Excellent Find! - THANKS A MILLION

now I just need to find a reasonably priced WUR

signature.jpg

Back to the top
Does anyone have any photos of the mk2 throttle body and WUR to do this upgrade? I recently purchased a ''mk2 throttle body'' from a guy on ebay but it does not have a vacuum outlet port. I was under the impression that i'd need to run a vacuum hose from the throttle body to the WUR. Anyways, it looks like i've been sold a donkey… If anyone has pictures of a successful mk2 throttle body conversion into a mk1, could they please share? IMG_20200601_150324.jpg

Back to the top
looks liek a 16v one, with the 3 pin throtte switch. will still work fine, just T your vacuum somewhere else, plenty ports and pipes on the engine to choose from. for a mk1 8v move the distributor vacuum line to one of the outlets on the brake servo hose, thats how mk2 golf are as standard anyway

Back to the top
Cheers John, makes sense. As long as the WUR vacuum line is plumbed into the vacuum system somewhere, anywhere. (Attached picture is what I thought i'd need, a throttle body with a vacuum port right next to the larger butterfly valve). on another note, I can suck air through the vacuum side port of the WUR - i've just ordered a WUR repair kit from a place in Brisbane. Thanks again!

throttle body inlet.jpg  

Back to the top
the 16v has a port on the side of the inlet for the WUR tapped into the ISV connection so whatever works :)

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.