Skip navigation

Spraying ?

Back to the top
Hi guys, Ive been thinking how i will tackle the outside paint job of my car it looks really dull on some of the areas and looks like its almost worn away, ive a few places like the  rear bumper where it needs paint due to flaking, so wondered what you guys think, touch up spray paint  then buff with autoglym renovator plus or have a go at spraying with my compressor.

for all i no the car may buf up lovely removing some of the clear coat what you think ????

Last edit: by okmate

Back to the top
had a couple of my bitches spayed good out come
less hassle when they come into heat edit your post

Do not know a lot but willing to help if possible

1989 Sapphire Blue Mk1 Cabriolet KR
1985 Atlas Grey Mk2 GTI 2.0 ABF

Back to the top
Hi Guys, I've prepped my rear bumper and have decided to buy a spray gun and 2k l90e paint with hardener and thinners any one had a go ?? Any tips chaps

Back to the top
Wear a very good mask

Back to the top
Thought i would report back' for the members who have been thinking about carrying out this task.

I've got to say I'm really impressed with my results.

I purchased the 2k white alpine from eBay with hardener and some thinner.
 I went with the LVLP gun due to the 2hp compressor, i purchased the cups from jewel paints they were most helpful,  after lots of researching i went with a 2 part paint 1 part hardener and 15% thinners, the gun was easy enough to setup as i had hours researching on YouTube, after my first pass i wasn't sure how the finished article would look like as it was really glossy when wet, after a few hours i could see certain areas that hadn't quite got the coverage so decided to go over it once again, as i was spraying i realised that there was something not quite right, the compressor had been turned off, my fault entirely 'this caused the paint not to atomise correctly and caused orange peel due to the restricted air pressure, oh well all in a day's work, i left the work and came back the next day' to my surprise I was so impressed with the finish, despite having orange peel which I would fix' the solid paint and shine was superb.

I decided to get my 800 grit out and rub down the areas that were worst affected, I then changed to 2000 grit then finally used my buffer with Rapid renovator plus, the paint work was flat with a high gloss, I was really please especially as this was my first time.

If you need any help please just Hola
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.