Skip navigation

Looking for chrome trim around windows?

Back to the top
Hey guys,

Do any of you know to find chrome list for the door windows? My car is a 4 dr without any chrome at all, looking for guidenance to what I need and where to get it :)

If it is even possible anymore, maybe I should look for vw citi parts?  

Back to the top
Shouldn't be too difficult, just window seals with grooves to accommodate the chrome trim and the trim itself (with clips and the optional tool to seat the trim).
VW Heritage has the trim, clips and tool(s) required (all genuine, which is a nice bonus), but I did not see the proper seals. However, Mk1Autohaus does carry seal kits for five-door w/ chrome trim.

Back to the top
I cannot find the Trim part at Heritage, only for mk2 ?

I'm also woried about the Trim from Mk1Autohaus, is that an aftermarket product?? It looks like it is a coil of a chromed plastic strip ? If that's true, how is that compared to the original aluminium trims?

Maybe someone had these trims fitted and have a picture, to compare with original trim ?

Thanks for the help.

Back to the top
I think we are talking a bit pass each other.

The one Heritage sells is the trim and seals for the windshield and rear window, thats should be alright i guess, still wonder how the fitment is of those plastic trim pieces?

But the trim I can't find is the one for the doors, is that impossible?

Back to the top

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

borednow said

I BUY A LOT FROM WERK34. im happy with finish of all the parts. could you be more specific with the crome youre looking for as from my memory there is the stuff that fits in the seal  windscreen/rear window and then around the doors and window seals is an external type(OEM) and is more expensive, unless you find some on ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-JETTA-MK1-5-DOOR-MODEL-FRONT-REAR-LEFT-RIGHT-WINDOW-CHROME-TRIM-SET/132951555979?hash=item1ef487bf8b:g:W2MAAOSw6nhcY~k~

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshi£ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top

Kenneth Cartwright said

borednow said

I BUY A LOT FROM WERK34. im happy with finish of all the parts. could you be more specific with the crome youre looking for as from my memory there is the stuff that fits in the seal  windscreen/rear window and then around the doors and window seals is an external type(OEM) and is more expensive, unless you find some on ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-JETTA-MK1-5-DOOR-MODEL-FRONT-REAR-LEFT-RIGHT-WINDOW-CHROME-TRIM-SET/132951555979?hash=item1ef487bf8b:g:W2MAAOSw6nhcY~k~

Yes, It is actually all the chrome trim i'm searching for. for the windscreen and rear window, it is pretty easy to buy new seals and buy 2 coils of chrome plastic trim, should look alright i guess ?

For the trim around the window in the doors, it is exactly what your linked to, but is that all i need? Or would it also require other seals or how is those mounted ?

thanks guys!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.