Skip navigation

18t over heating new radiator needed

Back to the top

1.8t radiator

I have been running my golf 1.8t for the past 6+ mths with a top fill radiator from classic-vw and intercooler, this continue have issues with it leaking water,
so now want to change it but to what ?????
thinking a 16v mrk2 radiator with a expansion bottle (not to sure where best to put the bottle)

not sure what fan to use

does any one else have a good set up for cooling (pictures would be good)

and am I better of changing to the mrk2 set up or is there more I can do with what I have ?
or is there a better set up all together ?

Back to the top
Well I am not running a Turbo, but I too have had a radiator failure lately.

I went with a total Aluminum one versus the plastic/aluminum one of the OEM variety.

I have a cooler running engine now and you can use slimline fans on it, as well as the OEM radiator shroud.

The price difference was 120USD free shipping or 90 dollars and 20 to ship for oem.

Besides it was one less thing to have as a plastic part.

Depending on where you want to install the expansion jug, there were 3 places I have seen being used…

The Windscreen mount, they removed the Windscreen bottle.  The LH side strut tower, and the other was a mk2/3 ball bottle mounted to a inner fender.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Im running a standard mk1 gti rad in mine from euros, no issues with overheating.  Have a mishimoto fan which works really well on the thermoswitch.  Expansion tank on the same l/h front strut pillar as stock, there should be a bracket for it with the stock mk1 expansion bottle.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.