Skip navigation

Engine coolant flange condition

Back to the top
Cleaning the upper engine coolant flange - inside appears to have metal deposits that I cant seem to shift.  Part no.  026 121 133.   The part doesn't seem to be available any more - is mine okay to use - I have seen worse!!

I have seen this though - but with a C at then end of the part number - same part?

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem/026121133c

DSCN0302.JPG DSCN0304.JPG DSCN0306.JPG DSCN0310.JPG DSCN0311.JPG

Last edit: by cdgthreesalmons

Back to the top
Mine was pretty much the same, cleaned it up as best as I could then stuck it back on. As long as its not blocked it will be fine.

My rebuild thread I will try and keep up to date: here

K-Jet fuel pressure test guage How-To

Back to the top
Would not worry about the roughness of it, it's a old bit of metal.
It will work fine, fit a new seal and your good to go.  :thumbs:

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
could smooth it out with some careful application of chemical metal. Mark Carter of classic-vw.co.uk has new ones I believe.

when you refit be sure to tighten the 2 bolts gradually, else you can crack the end off the casting where the bolts go

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

rubjonny said

could smooth it out with some careful application of chemical metal. Mark Carter of classic-vw.co.uk has new ones I believe.

when you refit be sure to tighten the 2 bolts gradually, else you can crack the end off the casting where the bolts go

If I may add, apply never-seize to the bolts then tighten them down by hand equally until tight.  Switch over to the 1/4 drive in/lbs torque wrench and set to 87 inch/lbs, you can find the Metric NM setting in the Bentley.  It won't crack the ears, it will fully seat and function and you won't strip out the head…Don't ever trust your elbow torque wrench…

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.