Skip navigation

mfa problem

Back to the top

rubjonny said

start at the plug on your MFA stalk rather than pullignthe instruments :)On the car of the plug side the brown/white wire is the earth, touch that to the other 3 pins for mfa functions:

white/red - change mfa mode - main clock plug pin 8

black/white - change between memory 1 and 2 - 2
pin plug on the back of the clocks

red/white - hold to clear mfa memory - 2 pin plug on the back of the clocks

if no response run an earthed wire from chassis/earth claw/wherever and repeat the tests
Hello rubjonny, thanks for the tips, I do have another topic related to this one, but I was searching around and I find this interesting one.

I have connected the multimeter in the  black and white wires, I have zero signal,  I have tried all the possible things to do in the stalk, memory reset, memory 1 and 2,, change funcion, and nothing when testing those 2 wires with the multimeter, did I understood it wrong?

I have performed some tests with the multimeter and found the following:

Black + blue - closed circuit on memory 1, if i change to memory 2 I have no more continuity anywhere
white + blue - closed circuit when I press the mode button, both for memory 1 and 2
red +blue - close circuit when I press the memory selector tho the left(reset i think) toward to the steering wheel, same goes if I press it to the left in the direction of the mode button.

Last edit: by Mario_Marques

Back to the top
you should probably see voltage between the 3 signal wires and ground on the cluster, but not sure what it'll be. 5v at a guess.

did you try the tests I mentioned jumping each pin to erarth to test cluster functionality? if that all works but not with stalk then the little control board inside the stalk or the wiring between is at fault.

you can pop the end of the stalk off easily enough to atempt repair, just a little fiddly to reassemble but nothing too bad

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
I just tested the stalk connections with a multímetro(continuity test), and measured the voltage white+ground, got around 4,4volt
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.