Skip navigation

Fuel pressure regulator

Back to the top
I need a fuel pressure regulator for my resto and I've seen a few on ebay that look quite rusty but still hold good money, Im wondering if they are worth stripping down and restoring or just to buy new? Cheers for any advice.

Back to the top
hi would the regulator be
the accumalator in a a different
description mate not sure  
cheers paul

Do not know a lot but willing to help if possible

1989 Sapphire Blue Mk1 Cabriolet KR
1985 Atlas Grey Mk2 GTI 2.0 ABF

Back to the top
The fuel pressure regulator and accumulator are 2 different things, but who knows how things get described/called..

Back to the top
Sorry yeh accumulater I meant

Back to the top
Hi, they are not servicable unfortunatley, they only come apart if you cut them open (i.e. destroy it).

I did cut a broken one I had open once, there is a huge spring inside and it breaks open with quite a force!

Back to the top

thexvw said

Hi, they are not servicable unfortunatley, they only come apart if you cut them open (i.e. destroy it).

I did cut a broken one I had open once, there is a huge spring inside and it breaks open with quite a force!

So would you say an old one would clean up and still work OK? I'm just dubious if they are rusty on the outside what they will be like inside and maybe cause problems in fueling

Back to the top
Unfortunately condition of the outside is not connected to inside condition. A very rusty item can still work fine, but i have seen the rust eating through and leading to tiny pin prick holes which will leak..

Back to the top
hi i have one listed on ebay
also another one still on a
car not sure how that one
looks will get a look over the
weekend if you are interested
cheers paul

Colley27 said

fuel ac.jpg

Do not know a lot but willing to help if possible

1989 Sapphire Blue Mk1 Cabriolet KR
1985 Atlas Grey Mk2 GTI 2.0 ABF

Back to the top

nicci21paul said

hi i have one listed on ebay
also another one still on a
car not sure how that one
looks will get a look over the
weekend if you are interested
cheers paul

Colley27 said

fuel ac.jpg

So would this be fine after a clean up? How much are you wanting for these accumulators?

Back to the top
Hi,

It may still work, were you having problems starting the engine after running?

Thats normally the sign that its not working along with a fuel leak from the small screw on the end.

TBH seeing the state thats in from the picture I wouldn't put it back unless there was no alternative.

I doubt very much you would unscrew the fuel fittings without them shearing off.

The K-jetronic system is high pressure, so you want the proper crimped braided hoses rather than rubber hoses and jubilee clips!

Back to the top

thexvw said

Hi,

Thats normally the sign that its not working along with a fuel leak from the small screw on the end.

TBH seeing the state thats in from the picture I wouldn't put it back unless there was no alternative.

I doubt very much you would unscrew the fuel fittings without them shearing off.

The K-jetronic system is high pressure, so you want the proper crimped braided hoses rather than rubber hoses and jubilee clips!

It was a rolling shell and it was missing so need one, might pay to just get a new one rather than the chew on

thexvw said

Hi,

It was a rolling shell when I bought it and this was missing so might just buy new save any chew on
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.