Skip navigation

Best grinder to buy?

Back to the top
Gone through numerous grinders through my projects and work so curious which grinders people find the best and last longest?

Back to the top

Best grinder to buy?

I bought a really good grinder when I went to Amsterdam some years back but definitely not suitable for work lol
For work I use with a Bosch or dewalt both work well and the brushes are easy and cheap to replace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1992 1.8 8 valve Convertible GTI
  2008 E93 335i N54 Twin Turbo
  3 Kids
  Suzuki LT50 Quad
  ( and the Mrs ) Tiny convertible tin top.jpg

Back to the top

Best grinder to buy?

I downloaded an app for my phone as thought it would be fast way to get started.

WAS NOT WHAT I EXPECTED.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Well I suspect which type are you looking for,
10" 4 1/4" right angle, or movable angle, left or right handed?

Then are we talking steel or Coffee?
I have a Cuisinart Coffee Grinder that works well, as my GE is selectable grind, and duration.

I have a Milwaukee, and a DeWalt that are good, but I find my Cheapie HarborFrieght one that is 9Amp good.
I think it lasted about 9 years for the first one.

I also have a Hyundai Sawzall, and Grinder that are Battery Operated, that I take to the Wrecking yards, as well as 4 batteries… I don't use them often, but they do come in handy.

I have a Black&Decker 1958 model 1/4 speed drill, and 3/8 speed drill that have been used by my Uncle and Father that were passed on to me, as well as a 1/2" Hammer Drill, all are Aluminum Cased, non-gfi'ed and would kill you if hit with water, but you know they have proven that they used to build tools that would last a lifetime….with little or no maintenance, and all I have done was to swap out the Cords, and Chuck Keys.

While some newer ones are Pricey, it doesn't mean that they are Durable over the course of a lifetime.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
I think my little 4 1/4" grinder came from the range homestore.

Its a draper one and they messed up the price, 5yrs on its still going, not bad for a tenner

My 10" is a lidl Parkside, for the price and the guarantee they offer I dont think you can beat them

Current rides:

2003 BMW 330d Manual Saloon Msport
1985 GTI cabriolet black edition (42k miles)
1999 Triumph Daytona 955i Post apocalyptic, rat, brat, scrambler, steam punk, cafe racer

IMG_20190803_123357.jpg

Back to the top
Like 1985 I recommend Lidle own brand:thumbs:.

Have used all their power tools (and spanners sockets and more) on this working farm for years! and never had to replace one yet-despite abuse…
All with 3 year warrenty and a ridiculously low price.
Only downside is they alternate so you need to check what's available as they launch new items on Thursdays and Saturdays and they sell out pretty fast.
A friend who is a builder buys them too to use on site and he cant break them either.
What's not to like?

Back to the top
I killed a Ryobi one in a day…. 

I've got a Milwaukee now, love my Milwaukee fuel stuff. 

Back to the top
Milwaukee all the way
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.