Skip navigation

I'll blast your bits

Back to the top
I just took the plunge and got myself a shot blaster and its the best decision I ever made. The amount of time I spent removing paint, rust and grime from my MK1 Jetta is unreal and now I've just spent 30 effortless mins making a couple of parts look like new. This included the compressor housing from my turbo which was super satisfying to do. There's a video of that up on my insta: @adhards. The pic is some bits I've done already and some bits I'm doing next.

Anyway, if you're local to North Essex (Braintree) or can easily get here I'll blast some bits for you. I wont need paying but I might not be able to do them straight away.

I don't have the time to do wheels or engine blocks but anything smaller than that I'll probably be able to do and if I do need to get new or more blast material to do your job I'll have to charge a little bit of cash but that can be discussed.

I'm offering this because I struggled to find anyone that would sand blast my calipers and ended up buying new and also because shot-blasting old parts back to factory new condition is a bit of an addiction at the moment :) IMG_20181208_210854.jpg

Back to the top
LOL, I just use a wire brush on a electric drill.  :)

Looks very nice to have shiny parts on an engine.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Wire brush is ok if you have a couple of simple shape parts and not too worried about the quality of the finish.

I'll be getting stuck into a 1971 car in January and a wire brush just won't cut it for that project

Back to the top

Adhards said

Wire brush is ok if you have a couple of simple shape parts and not too worried about the quality of the finish.

I'll be getting stuck into a 1971 car in January and a wire brush just won't cut it for that project

Don't get me wrong, I am all for blasting things, it is that I never usually need to.  All I ever do it to clean then prime and paint.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top

I'll blast your bits

I’m jealous and currently returning rear callipers but in Birmingham haha.

I was looking at small cabinets on eBay and looks to be about £100 then need a compressor.

I have a good powder coaters near me that blast everything but be careful. The grit is very fine and can destroy engines etc if not clear off properly. (This is why I want my own as the powder coaters don’t flush or mask it how I would).

Maybe a spring time treat to myself - some sand and a box, just a like a 3 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top

I'll blast your bits

Refurbing not returning - damn iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.