Skip navigation

SA Dub Owner

Back to the top

Embrasing my roots...

Hi Guys,

I am another MK1 owner from South Africa.  I'm pleased to be a part of your family and hope that I can contribute to the culture that is dublife.  I am sure we will have many pleasant discussions and share many ideas and knowledge.   I own a 1996 5 door Citi Chico that has had a 2ltr 2e 8valve transplant.  Originally it came with a carburetted 1.3ltr engine 5 speed gearbox, which I have blown up since.  Like most the car has its issues and I've always dreamed of getting it fixed up properly in order to have something i can take on sunday drives and be proud of, maybe even enter a show or two, but obviously that would be a while still.

I have owned the car for roughly 7 years and for as long as I've owned it I've wanted to fix it up properly but unfortunately my life and income hasnt always matched my dreams, but i am doing the best I can.

The first post actually discussing the first of many issues will be about getting the shell sorted out and asking for advise on how to solve the many problems i will be faced with.

Well, i think that is enough of an introduction about myself and my ride.  Chat to you guys soon.

Mike

Back to the top
Welcome along Mike.

Any pictures?

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
You asked, here they are:

20130511_152555.jpg 20160218_141722.jpg 20181114_174503.jpg

Back to the top
Looks good man, where abouts are you in SA?

I grew up there, I spent a lot time in air cooled dubs as a Kid

Jim

Back to the top
Hey Bud,

I'm based in the East Rand, JHB area between Kempton and Benoni.

So what made you leave, the same that's making everone else of european decent leave or was it simply fate?  Sorry I shouldn't pry.:offtopic: lol.
Glad to be a part of your community.

Mike.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.