Skip navigation

Wheel help please

Back to the top
Hi have a mk1caddy and the wheel set up is 4x100
How easy is it to put 5x100 alloys on? I see a lot of conversion plates for the front and I have drums on the back just wanted some advice on best way to do it, 
Thanks again 

Back to the top
The adapters are the easy part, just google "4x100 to 5x100" and loads come up. You'll probably need longer bolts and depending on the width of your wheels and thickness of the spacers, you might be outside of the arches as well….

The problem I had with mine were that the 'hoop' brake caliper carriers on the front fouled the wheels, so I had to change them to the 'horseshoe' type as well, there's a thread on here about it somewhere *edit* this one  https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=technical%2Frunning-gear_2%2Fcalibre-retro-stars

Last edit: by Blah blah

Back to the top
How do they work for the rear hubs ? As I bought some standard spacers before and they wouldn't fit? Do they meeed to be drilled ? Cheers 

Back to the top
Decent spacers should work just as well on the drum as the disc. 

Back to the top

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Thanks for all the help on this I have sourced some wheels and they are 4x100 so all good but my 30 mm spacers do not fit on my rear drums? They rock and struggle fit over the hub cap? Any ideas why ? 
Mk1 caddy is the vehicle, cheers 

Back to the top
Cheapo spacers probably mate, good ones are machined to accept the spigot on the drum.

Back to the top
Or cheap drums!

I've had issues with both.

Gentle sanding with a dremal to the spacers will help.

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
caddys have a longer central spigot on the rear drum and also a larger radius where it meets the face of the drum so hub centric spacers for a golf don't fit without modifying.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.