Skip navigation

Paint code help

Back to the top
My colour code in the boot on my car is LC5N, which is Classic Blue Metallic i believe. But i found an old advert on here of my car being sold a few years back and its said to be sprayed in "DEEP BLUE PEARL".

Is this a VW colour? anyone got a code for it because i can only find LB5R but im still not 100% sure?

Back to the top
The paint code on the sticker in the boot should be the colour of the car as it left the factory, has the car been resprayed?

If not go by the sticker in the boot as who ever may of sold it on here before could of got the colour wrong in the advert.

A good body shop should be able to match the paint or are you after a touch up pot/rattle can?

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
see: Paint Colors

LC5U aqua blue perl is directly above LC5N Classic Blue metalic.  

LC5N is darker than LC5U.

Aqua Blue Perl when painting a primered panel starts coming out as purple and the color builds on each spray.  Perl has different flakes to it than the Metalic paints.

Again if you go to a good body shop or Automotive Paint store they can use a color matching puter to get your true color…

But have them use a panel that is different from the one you are spraying… so it matches… and a good automotive paint store will rattle can it. Buy the clear coat as well as the VW paints are 2 stage, and not single….Opt for the Clear with the hardener, as it sets up more solid that regular clear.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Because of the very good answers above it might help to know how much of the car are you trying to paint?
Has the car been fully painted before?

Even if the person you bought it from said no its never been painted you should be able to see normally whether it has been painted or not! 😉 👍🏼

Sent from my Smartphone 📱

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Thanks for the replies,

I am just wanting a small touch up pen. It has one or two stone chips on the doors so just wanted to make sure i get the right one.

As for respraying, yes it has been done in 2008 according to the old advert in DEEP BLUE PEARL, which i am sure is not the LC5N on the sticker in the boot. (ie not been resprayed in the original colour.

I didnt buy it off the person who advertised it on here. i bought it from my friend some years later.

i will take it to a spray shop and see if they can shed any light on it.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.