Skip navigation

silver MK1 in Yeovil

Back to the top
I was out in my Oettinger Mk2 on Tuesday when a very pretty silver mk1 went past on the opposite side of the road, I waved but he looked like he was enjoying the drive to much!

Back to the top
It was not me but you are not far from me, I usually wave to Mk2 Golf drivers as I don't see many Mk1's owners, there was someone working in Halfords on the Houndstone estate who drove a blue lowered Mk1 Golf but not seen it for a while?
My Mk1 Golf is a daily so it's always out and about (white cabriolet with a white roof and BYE in the reg)
I'm currently driving around in my Mk1 Scirocco and I never see another one of those but still wave to Mk1 and Mk2 golf owners.
I must keep an eye out for you when I'm next in Yeovil.  :thumbs: 

Last edit: by mark1gls

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
I only drive the mk1 or the mk2 on nice days I have to admit, I'm normally running around in my lowered TT on Porsche twists.

Saying that I was in ASDA the other week and saw a tidy MK1 Rocco maybe that was yours? I was staring at it for a good ten minutes before my partner hit me and told me no more cars!

I did see a tidy white MK1 Cab the other day over by Halfords, nice tidy one on what looked like BBS?

Maybe I've seen both of yours without knowing!

Back to the top
Yes that may of been my Mk1 Scirocco at ASDA properly taking up 2 parking spaces or on the very end of the parking line!

Mines Dark silver/grey with 13" Mk1 golf GTi wheels.

Oh that must be another white Mk1 Cabriolet as my car is on silver Montreal alloys (bottle tops) wheels as easy to clean and look after.
Like this..
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=parts-wanted_2%2Fcentre-caps-p-slots

I'll keep an eye out for your Audi and wave.

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting

Back to the top

silver MK1 in Yeovil

Got a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

259 views (536 Kb)

Back to the top
I loved that Scirocco sell it to me!

Back to the top

mark1gls said

Got a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

259 views (536 Kb)

Yes that's the one! stunning only slightly jealous

Back to the top
Thanks for the kind comments, I do love the Scirocco and owned it since 1994, my brother owned it before me and he bought it in 1991 so I've known the car for many years.
It did go off the road in December 1999 as the sills and rear arches stared to rusted away, was supposed to be a quick bit of welding but it took 10 years to finish it with lack of money, time and me taking it all apart.

I just need to lower it a bit more, I did fit lowering  eibach springs and bilstein shock absorbers last year but it did not lower it enough at the front so looking at different solutions as they only lowered the car by 5mm!
Adjust the doors as they don't line up very well with the aftermarket front wings, the paint work after 8 years has started micro blister but that's just me being picky.
All good fun though and I use as much as possible come rain or sunshine.  :thumbs: 

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.