Skip navigation

Fuel hose spec for KR on carbs

Back to the top
Posted this in the wrong place before-

Hi all, hoping someone can help with details of the fuel hose I need (my Golf is in storage and I can't get to it easily to measure up)-

What length of fuel hose is needed for twin carbs on a KR in a MK1? And what internal/external diameter? 

I know that mine had the reassuring addition of electrical tape around the hose at the first carb and I'd like to upgrade everything to a proper, secure, fire safe set up.

Many thanks for any advice and dimensions you can share!

Back to the top
Make sure that you get e-rated Fuel Rated hose, over here since they have all gone to e-10 petrol the older fuel hoses are getting eaten up internally….So I have been replacing the Rubber bits with e (ethanol) rated hose when is a tad different and a tad more on the cost.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Thanks for that. I *think* we have quite a bit of E10 now in the UK, anyway, my fuel hose looks tatty and unsafe and I've been looking at the goodridge black braided ones with black fittings, thinking of smartening up the engine bay, painting the carbs… all unnecessary!

It's all just dreaming while I'm on holiday away from the car but I'm finding it's also a good time to consider all that needs doing and hit this kind of research. So far I think the hoses are 8mm internal which is AN-6. But I'll have to get back to check if I have a filter king and the condition of the pumps and filter/s.

Back to the top
I would be tempted to try this for the underbody pipes.
http://www.screwfix.com/p/wednesbury-wednesbury-microbore-copper-pipe-coil-8mm-x-10m/61031

gti's have 8mm external dia pipes from pump to filter, carbed cars have smaller dia pipe probably more like 6mm external could use brake pipe
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.