Skip navigation

Lancaster insurance

Back to the top
I've just insured my GTI cab after restoration, I've got to say i'm well chuffed with the service I received from Lancaster insurance. £ 121 for a years fully comp, with guaranteed value, and legal cover.:thumbs:

89 MK1 GTI Cab ( Helios Blue ), 64 reg VW Transporter T30 highline, Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Sportline..

Back to the top
I'm pretty annoyed at Lancaster today. 

I had a letter from them in reply to the agreed valuation on my swallowtail, they have undervalued it in my opinion. 

It not like it's easily replaced if it gets nicked…. they clearly don't understand their rarity. 

Back to the top

Raul said

I'm pretty annoyed at Lancaster today. 

I had a letter from them in reply to the agreed valuation on my swallowtail, they have undervalued it in my opinion. 

It not like it's easily replaced if it gets nicked…. they clearly don't understand their rarity. 

What did they value it at?

Back to the top
Let's just say it was 4 figures and I was after 5. 

Back to the top
Agreed valves are hard, they probably dont decern any difference between a 74 and a 83.

The practical classic price guide put a mk1 non gti in concors at £2850 !  (the gti being £15000)

Have any excellent swallowtails been selling for 5 figures?

Back to the top
That's the trouble, not many actually get sold these days, I know of a couple of very clean restored ones with a 15k+ agreed value. 

Maybe I'm over valuing mine as it's unrestored. :lol:

Back to the top
The whole restored/unrestored thing is pretty stupid.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/332220897019

Back to the top
Are you guys on a limited mileage with insurance.?

Back to the top

Lancaster insurance

cabriolet said

Are you guys on a limited mileage with insurance.?

I limit my mileage to 3000 but to be honest only use it at weekends so that’s plenty for me. My insurance was £120 for the first year but I don’t have an agreed value on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Sounds a good deal at 120 Wes.  I'm limited to 4000 miles but as you say that's plenty.

Back to the top
Just been reading this section as I have got my renewal through from Lancaster and they have tried to sting me with a £45 renewal fee.

So let it expire and start a new policy at £114

Not a sensible way to do business surely

Current rides:

2003 BMW 330d Manual Saloon Msport
1985 GTI cabriolet black edition (42k miles)
1999 Triumph Daytona 955i Post apocalyptic, rat, brat, scrambler, steam punk, cafe racer

IMG_20190803_123357.jpg

Back to the top
I'm afraid Lancaster don't know anything about customer retention. I've used them once. The first time I used them for insurance they were well priced and I used them. Next time the insurance went through the roof. I still get a quote off them when it's renewal time but there always Bout £70 more than everyone else.

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.