Skip navigation

16v K-jet - mk3 ABF?

Back to the top
Hoping to tidy up the engine bay in the future.   Would like to get rid of the k-jet metering head etc and swop for the mk3 style ABF? electronic injection?
Is this a big / tricky job?  Lots of different parts required?

Last edit: by whatisit

Back to the top
what engine code is it now?

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Not sure, its a 1.8 atm and have a 2L to change it for, was thinking of getting rid of the metering head etc at the same time if possible.  Wasn't sure if the wiring etc is all different?

Back to the top
right then, so the short answer is 'no' as abf ecu needs a crank sensor.

long answer is it will work if you can add a crank sensor, you will need inlet, fuel rail, dizzy, ecu and loom, some other sensors etc as if the 1.8 is on kjet pretty much everything is different. on top of that probably want a tweak to the map as well so hardly cheap or easy.

if you are lucky enough to find a SEAT 1.8 ADL ecu and loom you're onto a winner, it doesnt need a crank sensor and runs off the kr dizzy fine, so just need abf/adl inlet manifold and a tweak to wiring if its got the abf fuel rail (abf is sequential injection, adl is batch fire so 2 wires vs 5 on abf)

alternatively can go megasquirt  or other aftermarket ecu route. depends on your budget & skillset at the end of the day

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Thanks Rubjonny  
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.