Skip navigation

Cabby Gti

Back to the top
That's an original part, it should have a couple of plastic nuts (like the ones missing from your grill near the headlights in earlier post) which fit in the long slots so you can move them when fitting the screws which hold the number plate on.

I think there's a some of those plastic clips which have the pin in the middle which hold it to the boot.

I'll try and get some pictures tomorrow if any help?

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
You can see the number holding clip in this eBay ad, it's only got one fitted.
Bargain price of only £195 for a rusty and bented boot lid.  :lol: :lol: :lol:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185942807374?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=CjwKCAjw-7OlBhB8EiwAnoOEk-DJVlZ8BOmEka_ztw4Bi7NTvyP4eFc2OcOeS8Itu2h_1Xyx8XPspRoCZHwQAvD_BwE

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting

Back to the top
Thanks mate , yes those clips were on that plinth. That's in daffodil that boot lid . The one I scrapped was straight but had rust on it €175  I  should have sold it😂Is it necessary to have that on the boot lid? Does it serve any purpose? I think it looks cleaner without it . So if it's not needed I'll leave it off. 

Back to the top
No it's not needed, I've seen a few cars that have had it removed, I think it looks good without that black plastic on dark coloured cars like yours but look wrong without one on white cars like mine.

Back to the top
Thanks mate ,  have to agree not a fan of the way it looks on my car , saying that I have noticed them on white cabby's and they do look rather good . 

Back to the top
I had to change the gearbox on the cabby it is leaking from somewhere anyway I'm fitting a mk2 box from a gtd . The clutch needs replacing here's the snag the listing for the clutch is showing 210 mm but the one in it is 200 mm  IMG_1001.jpeg

Back to the top
Does anybody have the etka system or similar and check  what is listed? Thanks 

Back to the top
Got my bbs mahles dipped and blasted . They're in great condition. Leaving them in next week to get them diamond cut . IMG_1065.jpeg

Back to the top
IMG_1138.jpeg Another loose wire? Does anybody know what this connects to? It's a black wire and it connects between the white  connector blocks then it loops out of one of the blocks 

Back to the top
I fitted a glow plug relay in slot 2 on the cabby fuse box . I plugged the  fused red / white wire  into the N plug on the fuse box as per rub John instructions on here to someone else. So with ignition on  it operates the glow plugs but I don't think it stays on long enough 60 seconds .I'll post pic of the relay. Any opinions on the duration time much appreciated  IMG_1208.png

Back to the top
IMG_1263.jpeg

IMG_1262.jpeg

Back to the top
New rad fitted and I picked up a set of license plate holders. 

Back to the top
IMG_1365.jpeg Did a bit of polishing too  IMG_1372.jpeg

IMG_1364.jpeg

Back to the top
First pic I only polished the top half of the panel  came up really well . 

Back to the top
Howdy folks , I've fitted the new rad and put new coolant in my rad fan isn't coming on when it's up to temperature I've bridged the connector on the loom and the rad is working, I've checked the fuse (no 1 in fuse box I believe )Is there a relay for radiator? Also my heater doesn't come on  I've tried 3 heater switches with no luck, not sure if there related faults?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.