Skip navigation

Electric PS install in Kent

Back to the top
Anyone know of a company or individual that can install electric power steering on a cabriolet in the Kent area. The only places I can find are far away, I bought the car nearly 18 months ago for my partner but the steering is way too heavy so its hardly been driven.

I'm desperate to get it done soon so she can enjoy driving it in the summer, so even a local enthusiast who wants to make a few quid would be good.

Anyway, any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Back to the top
CrazyQuiffs in Oxford is your best bet.

I have fitted one and although not difficult, it is quite a time consuming job

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Depends on where in Kent you are:

D adn D autos - Ashford
Engima - Ashford
Carbon Motive in Sittingbourne
Kent Vw or Jim Garage Services in Margate

Used them all over the years.

Back to the top
Thanks, I'm going to use Carbon Motive. Also I was looking at buying the kit from Crazy Quiff's at £795 but also found it at easysteer (simonebirchall.co.uk) for £500. Is the £300 extra worth it for the Quiff kit? Has anyone used the other site?

Thanks.

Back to the top

papa-lasarou said

Thanks, I'm going to use Carbon Motive. Also I was looking at buying the kit from Crazy Quiff's at £795 but also found it at easysteer (simonebirchall.co.uk) for £500. Is the £300 extra worth it for the Quiff kit? Has anyone used the other site?

Thanks.

I've had the mk2mania kit fitted for 5 years now… no problems - from memory they want an exchange column, buy one up front or send them your old one back. Simon very helpful..

Check to see if CrazyQuiff's is not based on exchange… may explain the prize difference. - they both use Corsa B power units and come with a switch box. It's off or on.

I have also bought one of these modules from eBay to solve the resistance issue..
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171866899180  
Not fitted yet, so can't give comment but an option to consider too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R32GUY

1992 Rivage in Classic Blue Pearl "B16YUG" 2.0 TFSI, 6 Speed FWD with Quaife LSD, running on Air with sorted geometry and Eibach ARB's, G60 brake setup front and rear, 4x100 17" BBS LM's, Power Steering, Opening Quarter-lights, Mk2 electric recaros and the whole car trimmed by MJ Interiors in tan and Alcantara with a brown roof.

Back to the top
Thanks for all the info, I'm buying the kit from mk2mania and using carbon motive to fit it.

Thanks again for all your help.

Oh , what is the resistance issue?

Back to the top

Basically it's the feedback from the tacho it senses road speed. And adapts to suit it.
So at higher speeds the steering can be over sensitive. There's usually a dash mounted knob you turn it alter the steering feedback.
The box on EBay is supposed to eliminate the knob and adjust accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
If anyone tries that ebay box some feed back would be good, its constantly adjusting a knob that's put me of buying one of these power steering systems.

Back to the top
Four years later and I've finally had the kit professionally installed! I've a major issue, if anyone can help. Initially the torque sensor had not been connected so it was on maximum assistance! I've just connected it and now it's inconsistent, can anyone tell me how it works. It can't tell the road speed so is it purely the input weight on the steering wheel! It's so inconsistent it's not really drivable!!

Thanks
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.