Skip navigation

UPOL Raptor - Anyone used it?

Back to the top
So it's coming to the time for the re-undersealing of the Tin top.

The original VW stuff has cracked in places so I;m thing the best idea is to remove it all and replace.

I know some people use Gravitex but I have heard of people using the UPOL Raptor bed liner stuff, especially on old land rovers etc.

Supposed to form a flexible waterproof very hard wearing 'skin'.

Anybody used it? Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
heard good reports on this too.

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
Hi,
 I restore Porsches for a living and we have started using Raptor and its pretty good. It comes in black and clear and you can tint the clear with body colour paint. Hope this helped

1992 1.8 8 valve Convertible GTI
  2008 E93 335i N54 Twin Turbo
  3 Kids
  Suzuki LT50 Quad
  ( and the Mrs ) Tiny convertible tin top.jpg

Back to the top
I've used it underneath and in my pickup bed of the caddy, tinted to body colour.. looks great 👍🏻 but not yet used it in anger to see how it fares with abuse

Back to the top
Is it thick and rubbery like the original VW stuff?

Back to the top
08143016-EDCB-4E74-9EE4-C82D150175DB.jpeg Not overly, it was sprayed on using a Schultz gun I seem to recall.  It has got latex in it I think.. 

Back to the top

UPOL Raptor - Anyone used it?

It sets quite hard more like plastic but it’s tuff as hell we use it at work on 911’s it’s tintable so can be mixed with basecoat to colour it and yes it’s applied with a Schultz gun that’s what’s going under the wings of my mk1 in mars red as lve removed the wing liners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1992 1.8 8 valve Convertible GTI
  2008 E93 335i N54 Twin Turbo
  3 Kids
  Suzuki LT50 Quad
  ( and the Mrs ) Tiny convertible tin top.jpg

Back to the top
Yep .it's good stuff .
Underneath we sesm sealed joint.welds etc then raptor over it.would recommend a large nozel as our one kept blocking up

Back to the top
Or, you can so as I did after buying my 81 rabbit Diesel,  The first day I got it I used about 6 Cans of under coat on the bottom.  8 months  later it was a warm mid-summers day, and my Rabbit was used as a Primary work car.  As I was Zipping along the Back Country roads, I found a freshly Oiled Road, as I saw the Oil Truck Spraying the Road oil, about 3/4 of a mile ahead, and the Rock Truck was behind me… I guess I "timed it right?"  I thought just my luck,,,what a mess Well 50 MPH, and fresh oil, it shot everywhere on the car that water would, it was half way up the doors…I was really miffed…

I waited a week, then used Fresh Diesel to remove it off the paint. But the blessing is that Over the next 20 years of ownership, it Never Rusted at all… :)  and I was driving it in Snow, Ice, Salt spray…..and it never rusted….

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.