Skip navigation

kermit The swallowtail

Back to the top
Hi all I've had my Mk1 series 1 golf for several years now and doing a lot of work on it I feel like I needed a change so after seeing Baggie82 swallowtail I knew I had to have one so the hunt was on 😊.
After a few weeks of searching we found two one was a 1974 model but after pictures were sent it need to much work doing to get it to the standard that I wanted it to be at and the other one was a 1975 1.1 that had been restored about a year ago and had only done 18,000 km from new, so a few emails were sent and a ticket booked for channel tunnel and a nice road trip to the Netherlands after getting there and seeing the car a deposit was left.

a long 3 weeks later Baggie82 and I set off to pick the car up

Back to the top

kermit The swallowtail

Here's to many more road trips
  Awesome car !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
very very nice, what are your plans for it?  I almost hope you are going to say none as it looks perfect as it is and would be a shame to change it, but then having seen the standard of work on your blue one……

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Nice one mate looks a good one. No way will Beany keep it standard 😂 Can I start buying things off the S1 now?

Follow me on Instagram, scottyr_mk1golf

Back to the top
Great find!

Don't leave Baggie82  alone with it though!  :lol:

Back to the top

kermit The swallowtail

Yomp I don't know what you're trying to say what ! do you think I'm going to rub myself up against it in a sexual manner ? Too late…
  No , I don't think this is going to get the modified beany treatment this time. Simple reversible mods I think @beany1234 mentioned. I think he said that about his s1 though…
 I'm already putting the mods back to standard on it for him though as bought him a car warming present as it has the wrong ashtray fitted and managed to find him the correct one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Thanks guys I can't go to mad with this one as the car is so clean it be a shame to start cutting it up so it will be oe mods wheels and air probably later next year.   

Back to the top
I brought new hella lights for it and fitted them ready for its MOT.

Fitted

I took the car for an mot yesterday it passed with no advisorys 😊 Few pictures of the underneath of the car

Back to the top

kermit The swallowtail

Absolutely amazing car you've found there mate - it's perfect in every way for me, colour, interior etc. Can't wait to see it in person!

Also if you ever so sell I I want first dibs! Baggie82 already has one.

1986 Cabriolet (long resto!)
1983 Cabriolet (daily pain in the bum)
1983 T25 (weekend pain in the bum)

Follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/

Banner

Back to the top
Can't believe how clean it is! Well done mate.

Back to the top
Got my V5 back the other day just waiting for my number pats to arrive now 😊

Back to the top
Not updated for a while I've not done much to the car I've ordered a set of period number plates and fitted them to the car

After fitting the plates I took the swallowtail for its 1st drive :)

I've had my BBS RS re furbed by Only Charged Dubs they have sent them of to be ceramic polished I've also had new bolts and nuts four new lips and four new tyres they have done an excellent job

Back to the top
Hi Beany,
Your car is absolutely lovely:wub:Could you let me know where you had the period number plates made up? As I would love to get a set.
Thanks.
Marcus.

Back to the top
Yeah same as him. ^^

Mate this looks amazing, wish mine looked like this… even if it gets to half as good as this I'll be happy. :lol:

Nice one!!

Back to the top
Thanks guys I got the number plates from http://www.framptonsplates.com/ Daytona @Raul

Back to the top
Thanks Beany :thumbs::)

Back to the top
Beautiful car, My dad and I hoped it was original, but the floor pan weld was a giveaway then I read your description. Wonder why a such low mileage vehicle was totally restored?

Back to the top
Wheels look the Dogs !!!!

Back to the top
Sorry for no update for a while the paint was good on the car but not up to show standard and it had a chip on the passenger door so after talking to Jon at Route 32 it was decided to roll the arches and spray both sides of the car and a wet sand and polish the car. Just for you @mattnsusie you know how I like my paint lol.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back to the top
Ha ha - certainly was in great condition before!

Matt

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.