Skip navigation

Mk1 golf gti cab 1988

Back to the top

Fuel injectors

Anyone know the best place to buy new injectors for my 88 golf gti cab?

Back to the top
Vw Heritage have a few options.
www.vwheritage.com

Back to the top
Are they bad or Leaking, Some times removing them and cleaning them with B12-Cleaner by Berryman  can clean the gunk out and then the Spray returns to fine conical atomization.

see:
CIS Injector Cleaning, Seal and Holder Replacement

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
There is 2 types of injectors, if you have a rubber pipe going to the head between cylinders 3 and 4 you need the air shroud injectors.
You should need this type (as that's what's in my 1988 car) if you have the original head, they seem to be getting expensive now, VW heritage are £66.10 each so £264.40 for 4! Gone are the days when they was £100 for 4.  :(
Might be worth giving them a clean first.

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/golf-mk1/026133551/fuel-injector-mk2-golf-jetta-corrado-1800-16v/?crumbStartPage=1&crumbStartRow=1

I believe you can swap to the earlier injectors if you find the cheaper….

https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=big-block-injection_2%2Finjector-hose

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Got them sorted thanks just needed new injector seals as I had a serious misfire but it's all solved now

Back to the top
you can fit either type of injector to either type of head, only issue is you have to swap the fuel lines to match them as the early non-shroud ones and the mercedes brass injectors are coarse thread, later injectors are fine thread.

if you end up with non-shrouded injectors for a head with shrouding system you have to either cap off the nipple on the rear of the head, or swap the top hats over from some shrouded injectors. if you go the other way just pull the top hats off and they go right in

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.