Skip navigation

Luck Dip Photos from the 90's

Back to the top
I've now had my Golf for 21 years and when I first got it I attended various GTI Internationals etc. Looking through the photos I took back then ( actual photos, not Digital ) I have found a few of Mk1s that  I will try and share if anyone on here owns the cars in question. I should warn you that I have never posted a picture on here before as I have found the technology too much
:$ and this will mean scanning the photos first…
Theseare mainly just front or rear shots, but if anyione  wants a pic of their car from the 90s then shout up. Here's the list

WCN 851 Y
chn 29 Y
A 376 XXB
A 18 GTT
A 938 HJT
SMK 882 Y
DNF 739 Y
NYP 287 Y
FTL 54 X
A 264 BUF
865 FUF
A 917 HPL
CRY 468 Y
774 MOX
A 175 ERY
A 938 HJT
SPB 403 X
YPH 829 Y
WCN 851 Y
SON 960 Y
A 453 HRW
SMK 882 Y
TKY 435 Y
CPC 605 Y
TTF 341 Y
HCL 220 Y
DPW 221 Y
YPH 622 Y
WEC 516 Y
LTR 783 Y
PPB 315 W
JAO 398 Y

I hope yours is one of them. Let me know.

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
Yes I used to own YPH 829Y a Lhasa Green Mk1 Gti that won Best Mk1 at Gti International in 1993 if I can remember. Would love a picture please thanks.

Back to the top
A938HJT

please, is my mates old car!

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

Back to the top
Oh nice one, will be great to see some old photos from back then russt   :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Great that someone on here has connections with some of the cars…..I'll see what I can do. Please bear with me though, may be a couple of days before I can sort it.

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
A938HJT 1 001.jpg

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
A938HJT 1 001.jpg

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
A938HJT 1 001.jpg
A938HJT 2 001.jpg A938HJT 3 001.jpg YPH829Y 001.jpg

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
Thanks for the pics - just seen your other post. I'm guessing you're having issues posting them now??

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Yes, struggled to post them and I thought I hadn't managed to. But then……..hey presto!!!

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
I realise this is an old post but I have A175 ERY, i bet she looked a lot better then than she does now!

poor thing  :( the pic is how I found her, shes in the dry now at least!

$(KGrHqF,!lcE9RdsW2UEBPg3E2kE!g~~60_12.jpg

Do it once and do it right! ok, we've identified the problem, lets not make it worse by guessing……… Identifying the sympton is not the same as understanding the cause :)

Back to the top
 Hi. I can't get to the photos just at the moment but will try to upload yours later. Yours still looks ok though. Be interesting ( for me as well ) to see what it was like. Watch this space.

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
Well……here it is………!!  Is that the same car????!!!!! mk1 golf owners 1 001.jpg

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
Looking again, are you sure you have the right car????? What colour was it registered as?????

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
Ok. Doh! Just realised you're having a laugh. Hidden numberplate. Very funny……not!

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
No it's not a wind up, honestly!
It's the same car, just that someone has made a "lot of special modifications"
These include a poorly fitted 16v, deseamed(with filler, I checked it was only filler before purchase) a mk2 dash(held in with good wishes) and some red carpet where the door cards used to be.
I have a couple of pics which I load up in a moment when I can find them.
Thanks for digging the picture out, I really appreciate it  ;)  ;)

Do it once and do it right! ok, we've identified the problem, lets not make it worse by guessing……… Identifying the sympton is not the same as understanding the cause :)

Back to the top
$(KGrHqFHJE!E92D-PCmdBPfiTSzrPw~~60_12.jpg
dashboard at the moment, look in the corner and you can see the door cards :thumbs:

Back to the top
DSC04225.JPG
The guy I bought her from (Very nice chap actually, i hope he is doing well) wanted the grill and the wheels to sell and I didnt need them (and the Cobra style seats if I remember correctly).
This pic was taken very shortly after getting her home before she had a wash and went inside!

Back to the top
So she started out black and if i ever get going on her thats the colour she will remain  :thumbs:
thanks again for digging that picture out and sorry if you thought i was taking the p**s

Back to the top
Sorry! Just my paranoia setting in, helped by your car looking just soooo different. Glad to help and good luck on the resto. I think reverting to black is the way to go ;)  ;)  ;)

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.