Skip navigation

MK4 brakes on a mk1

Back to the top
Hello All,

It's been a while since my last post and my mk1 has been waiting in the garage for some TLC. I've just saved enough money to have the engine rebuilt at Jabbasport and while it is being done I thought I would do a brake upgrade. I have in my garage a set of almost new front and rear brake discs from my 2003 GTTDI so the fronts are 288mm and rear 232mm I have the front calipers as well so thought I could put them to good use on my mk1. I did read about someone doing this conversion but that was well over a year ago and I cant remember where I got the info from. I was wondering if anyone here has carried out this upgrade before and what was necessary to do the job. i wonder does the brake master cylinder need upgrading as well?

I will await you replies.

It's good to be back!

Many thanks

Rollsey

Back to the top
Hi 
I have been think about this exact thing I have a full set up from the same car as you.
You will need to change the servo and cylinder. 
Now the rear is no issue you can use the new converted rear axle from retrofication. The stubs etc just bolt on.
The front is my issue you can use calliper adaptors but I wanted to use the stud hubs and drive shafts as I'm doing a 20v conversation. 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.