Skip navigation

stainless exhaust manifold for Golf Mk1

Back to the top

stainless exhaust manifold for Golf Mk1

I hope this isn't going to breach any regulations lol but i've had a nightmare finding a stainless steel 4 branch for my G60 conversion as didn't want to use the standard mk1 manifold or one of the mild steel ashley units because they rust so much.

However i found this company called Unit 3 tuning on ebay and they are selling stainless steel manifolds for £175:00 delivered and thought you guys may want/need one as that seemed a very good price too what i've been seeing when i could find one

heres a link to the one i bought
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320938564147?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

As an edit i will take some pictures when it arrives and let you know what the qualities like LOL :-D

Back to the top
This manifold any good then mate?

Does it fit a standard exhaust system - I have a Jetex system, but the end diameter is the same.

Cheers.

1991 VW Golf GTi Cabrio MK1 (2011-2015).

Back to the top
I have one, seems good quality / fits reasonably well.

Not sure on diameter of pipes, mine mated up to a powerflow system ok, that was previously mated to a stock down pipe.

Projekt Frustration :

White 1991 Clipper. Lowered over polished zender rims, Single 40 dellorto on lynx manifold, kent cam, full stainless 'zorst / manifold, powerflex bushed and braced. Not the fastest car, but sounds super nice!

Still going after 12 years… never said it was a quick fix! Time is not my friend.

Back to the top
Resurrecting an old thread here - anyone else bought the Unit 3 stainless manifold? If so, any issues, clearance or otherwise?

Currently selling for £190 - seems like it would be worth a punt.

Back to the top
No, but you will need to install a Expansion piece so you don't crack the pipes, and they don't bang with the torque of the engine from front to back.

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 2.16.59 PM.png

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top

Briano1234 said

No, but you will need to install a Expansion piece so you don't crack the pipes, and they don't bang with the torque of the engine from front to back.

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 2.16.59 PM.png

Yeah thanks, got that covered. Just toying between the idea of getting something like above which is cheap (relatively) or getting one made from scratch.

The latter would be much more fun but just not sure its worth the extra £££, so looking for some feedback.

Cheers
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.