Skip navigation

GarytheGolf

Back to the top

GarytheGolf

I recently noticed that some of the mk1 tin top s are painted the same colour underneath the car, and the others are painted some black rustproof chipstone. Does anybody know the story? I'm confused, did they paint the whole shell in one colour from factory, then they applied the black stuff, or was it applied previously by the owners?

Back to the top
I must say.. after reviewing this topic a couple of times, I started to restore my mk1 as well, very well done, keep up the good job

Back to the top
Except for the rear, the underside of my car was in good order, I assume that the paint is applied first with the rest of the car and the stone chip / bitumen treatment is applied afterwards.

Thanks for the comments.

Back to the top
Does gary have rear parcel shelf speakers mounted? Or just front door ones?

Back to the top
Hi, I am so sorry that I did not answer this, I must have missed the email for some reason. I haven't been on the website for a while. Having moved from Hants to Sussex.

The answer to your question is that I have 4 speakers installed. 2 in the from door cards and two in the rear speaker mounts for the parcel shelf.

I was able to purchase a new Blaupunkt Radio out of a Daewoo with 4 speaker outputs.{no need for a Front and Rear balance switch in the dash. However, not quite DIN so a shave around the outside to make it fit. Looks thepart though.

Radio : click om the link below:

https://res.cloudinary.com/mk1-golf-owners-club/image/upload/c_limit,w_768,f_auto,q_auto/v1519635586/uploads/attachments/5a93cc815ee62.jpg

Hope this helps

There are too many online users to list.